Today, Bandai-Namco shared plenty of new details, screenshots and artworks for Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure (the third entry on Nintendo 3DS). We learn that the first chapter of the Story Mode takes place in Ancien Greece.
While chasing the Magic Society Hekisaguria (who stole a precious artifact in a museum), Don-chan, Kacchan, Tia, and Popokaka end up there. That’s where they meet Hercules, who seems rather depressed: it seems he’s been failing at getting rid of a dragon.
Here’s a list of monsters to be found in Chapter 1:
- Bryphon (Gryphon)
- Scura (Scylla)
- Aris and Totle (Aristotle)
- Taurosken (Centaur)
- Chibiberos (Chibi Cerberus)
The boss of Chapter 1 is the Leviathan. Naturally, bosses are much stronger than regular monsters. This one can throw lava on the ground, and it explodes after a while.
Next, we have details about the battle system. First is Drum Magic: you charge it up during battle, and once the gauge filled, you can use it by touching the icon on the bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS. There’s various types of Drum Magic, which can be used to deal damage to enemies, or heal teammates. You can charge your Drum Magic up to three times, or use it as soon as possible: it’s up to you!
There’s also Clash notes: they appear when you clash with an enemy. You need to touch the touchscreen in order to deal a lot of damage at once… but be careful, because it’s you who will take all the damage if you happen to fail.
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
Bandai-Namco also revealed new songs, which are from various video games this time:
- “Makai Mura”, Remixed by ARM(IOSYS)
- “Outridea Crisis”, from Super Hang-On
- “Good-bye my earth”, from Dariusburst
- “Rising”, from Warrior Blade
- “Lightning Dance”, from Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune
- “NEW WORLD”, from Synchronica
- “Awake ~Muscle Mezame no Theme~”
- “DRIVE A LIVE”, from Idolm@ster SideM
Also, Bandai-Namco revealed some more collaborations for Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure, such as:
- Monster Hunter X / Generations: two Felynes will appear in Adventure Mode, as allies;
- Touhou Project: Hakurei Reimu, Kirisame Marisa, Izayoi Sakura will appear as allies;
- Yo-kai Watch: Jibanyan will join as partner, and you can get some Jibanyan, Komasan, and USApyon headwear.
There’s also the three free songs from the early purchase campaign (available until August 31st):
- from June 16th: [J-Pop] “Umi no Koe”, from the Santarou series (commercial song)
- from July: [Variety] PERFECT HUMAN
- from August: TBA
Finally, here’s the first TV Commercial for the game:
Finally, here’s the boxart:
Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure (3DS) comes out on June 16th in Japan.