What would be a Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 without a couple of surprises and announcements? Earlier today, we got one for the Nintendo 3DS: a rather unique game called Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido. Developed by indieszero, it will be released on the Nintendo 3DS next year, worldwide.
Here’s the debut trailer and the Nintendo Treehouse Live Demonstration (Day 2):
In this game, you need to match colored plates and types of sushis, and… throw them at your opponent. The thing is, the more matches you make, the taller the plate stack, and the stronger your attacks will be.
If you find this concept rather wacky, wait until you learn about the story! In this game, you need to defend your homeland from invading enemies, in order to allow people to enjoy delicious sushi in peace. In the world of Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido, sushi is a really serious business.
Here’s what the game is all about:
The ultimate food fight!
In the fast-paced world of conveyor-belt sushi fighting, match colored plates and types of sushi to hurl tall stacks of plates at your opponent. The more matches you make, the taller the plate stack and the stronger your attacks will be. Defend your homeland from invading enemies in this puzzling action game so more people can enjoy delicious sushi in peace. May the best sushi samurai reign supreme!
- Use the touchscreen to match plates of sushi and rack up tall stacks.
- Connecting same-colored plates and building combos results in more and more plates stacking up, which results in stronger attacks.
- Match plate patterns for a higher bonus. The fancier the sushi on the plate, the stronger the plate.
- Toss plate stacks at your opponent to deal crushing blows.
- The last sushi samurai standing wins!
Finally, here’s some screenshots and artworks for the game:
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (3DS) comes out in 2018 worldwide. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!