It’s now been over a month since Star Fox Guard was released in Europe, Japan, and North America. It did get an update shortly after launch, but it didn’t change much. But yesterday’s update is significantly meatier, and changes a lot more than the first one. Once again, pretty much all the changes impact game balance, with some of them only impacting user-created squads.
Here’s the official changelog for this new update:
- Rank-Calculation Values Adjusted
- Rank-calculation values for all maps and all squad sizes have been adjusted.
- Abilities of Robots Deployed in Squads Adjusted.
- The abilities of the following robots have been adjusted. Please note that these changes only apply to robots deployed in player-created squads. Robots appearing in the main missions and extra missions are not affected.
- Spec Upgrades:
- Snailblazer: Strength has been increased from 2 to 3.
- Drill Hi-Ho: Speed has been increased by approx. 35%.
- K.O.F. Unit: Speed has been increased by approx. 60%.
- B.O.O. Unit: Chaos Points cost decreased from 10 to 9.
- Spec Downgrades:
- Jumprella: Combat Points cost increased from 2 to 3.
- P.O.P. Unit: Speed of yellow form decreased by approx. 10%. Speed of red form decreased by approx. 20%.
- Squad Lifespan Extended.
- Previously, squads not accessed for 30 days were deleted from the server. This period has been extended to 60 days. This timer can be reset for a squad by updating that squad or accessing its records.
- Replay-Data Lifespan Extended.
- Previously, replay data not accessed for 20 days was deleted from the server. This period has been extended to 40 days. Please note that it is not currently possible to reset this timer.