Next week, the San Diego Comic-Con 2016 will take place in San Diego, and as usual, Nintendo will be attending. The company will have several Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games playable on its booth, but also various activities.
This time around, the Play Nintendo tour will be integrated in the Play Nintendo Family Lounge, located on the first floor of the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina (open to everyone, even those without a Comic-Con badge).
Let’s start with the list of activities:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 12 & Under Tournament (July 23rd, starts at 2PM): a tournament for fans who are 12 years old or younger. It will be livestreamed on Twitch. The Grand Prize and First Prize winners will get a prize pack filled with Nintendo products and merchandise.
- The Play Nintendo Challenge (July 21-22, July 24): three elimination rounds played on three Wii U games (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Pokkén Tournament). The winners will receive an exclusive t-shirt, and maybe other goodies depending on how far they make it in the challenge. The Challenge runs all day, and last 30mn.
- YO-KAI WATCH Voice Actor Event (July 22, 3PM to 4PM): Alicyn Packard, J.W. Terry, and Melissa Hutchison (Jibanyan, Whisper and Komasan, respectively) from the anime series will conduct a Q&A session, do live voice demos, and do a table read of a scene from Season 2 of the Yo-kai Watch anime series. Some fans will even get to receive an autograph and take a pic with the voice actors.
- Pokémon Fan Gathering Area (July 21-24): you can meet up other Pokémon fans there to trade or battle with them, but also pick up some goodies, and more. It will be open during show hours.
- Photo Opportunities (July 21-24): characters like Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Kirby, and Jibanyan will show up, and fans will be able to take pictures with them if they want.
Splatoon will get its own set of activities:
- Splatoon Multiplayer Battles (July 21-24): 4vs4 matches throughout the day
- Splatoon Splatfest (July 22-23): players will be able to take part in the Splatfest from the San Diego Comic-Con!
- Splatoon amiibo Challenges (July 21-24): fans will be able to check out the various Splatoon, along with the bonus content they unlock
Next, here’s the list of playable games on Nintendo’s booth:
- Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom): launching on July 15th in Europe and North America
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Nintendo): launching August 19th in North America, August 25th in Japan, and September 2nd in Europe
- Style Savvy: Fashion Forward (Nintendo): launching on August 19th in North America
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (SEGA): launching on September 27th in North America, September 30th in Europe, and October 27th in Japan
- YO-KAI WATCH 2 (Nintendo): launching on September 30th in North America
- YO-KAI WATCH (Nintendo)
- Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo)
- Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby / Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
- Splatoon (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
- Pokkén Tournament (Nintendo)
The San Diego Comic-Con 2016 will take place from July 21st to July 24th in San Diego. The Nintendo booth is #235, and requires a badge. The Play Nintendo Family is located on the first floor of the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, and is open to everyone (even those without a Comic-Con badge).
Source: Nintendo PR