Rudymical: Nintendo Switch trailer and details, JP and NA releases confirmed for this week
Yesterday, we found out that Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (a rhythm game based on the mini-game from The Legend of Dark Witch 2) would be released on May 11th in Europe.
We assumed that it would be released simultaneously worldwide, and it looks like we were spot on: Flyhigh Works announced today that Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical will also be available on Thursday in Japan (where it will cost 800 Yen) and North America.
In the mean time, here’s a new trailer for the game, showcasing the Nintendo Switch version:
The trailer reveals that the game controls rely on buttons:
- you use the Left, Up, and Right direction buttons to slash green, blue, and red Boing Boins respectively;
- you use the Down direction button (or Up on the stick) to jump and avoid enemy attacks.
Here’s details about the various game modes:
- Story Mode: only playable in Single Player. You can chose from 3 characters (Zizou, Sola, and Rudy), with various costumes to unlock, which is done by collecting crystals. Those crystals are earned when getting high scores: the higher your rank, the better the reward (with the following rank system: C, B, A, S, S+). There’s 13 stages to tackle, each one ending with a different boss;
- VS Mode: battle against your friends. You can use various items (activated by pressing the L or R button) to interfere with your opponent and make them miss;
- Co-Op Mode: you go through the Story Mode stages together with a friend. You have to be in perfect sync with your partner!
NB: when playing in multiplayer (2 players), each player can use one Joy-Con each.
Finally, here’s some screenshots for the game:
Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 11th worldwide. The Upcoming Releases page has already been updated!