On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos on Nintendo Switch (originally released on February 23rd 2021 in Europe, North America, and Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos – Ver. ??? (Patch 4.0)
- Release date: June 7th 2022 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
User Feedback Changes
- Game will now no longer pause for other players when another goes into the inventory
- Fixed an issue where a catacombs room could no be cleared
- Fixed the issue where other players could controls the druid’s abilities
- Added an upgrade for the Bomber has been added ‘Bomb Proof’ which gives them 20% immunity from any bomb damage per level. At the max level of 5 the bomber will no longer take damage from bombs.
- Sakanamon can now swim for longer and faster, and dash faster in water.
- The druid’s snake form will now poison faster
- Auto Aim feature has been refined to target the closest enemy to the player and Non locked on aim will now function more similarly to the bow. With keyboard and mouse the player will face the mouse cursor and fire the spell towards that position. On controller the player will fire the projectile along the movement vector.
- A change made so the player doesn’t die after losing the snake minigameBug Fixes
- Fixed a texture issue with the fish fountain in the Slalen Ruins.
- Fixed a texture issues with Tytu.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘recreational fishing’ achievement would unlock at an incorrect time.
- Town Icons now appear on the map.
- Fixed an issue with UI not correctly displaying after a health upgrade in Intori’s Clinic.
- Fixed a game desync when 2 players try to build something at the same time.
- A fix for a bug where gold chess sometimes don’t unlock.
- A fix to the Skull Rock Orb when playing online.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos – Ver. 1.0.7
- Release date: April 7th 2022 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where some arrow traps were not working
- Fixed a visual issue with the revive animation
- Fixed an issue where players could purchase class upgrades without collecting a sufficient amount of power spheres
- Updated the text on the autosave disable option to make it clearer what actually happens
- Added missing translation in the rock collecting quest
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos – Ver. ??? (Druids & Dungeons Update)
- Release date: March 31st 2022 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Added new enemies! Neuromollusk, Scuttleton, Puffto and more!
- Added new side quests and difficulty levels! Choose between Normal, Hard and Brutal.
- Added the Druid Class! Transform into as many as 6 different animal forms.
- Wager to your hearts content, at the Tavern! Take part in mini games like Slither Scramble, Bullseye and Bombs Away.
- New shops have arrived in Intori! Enhance your class at the Goddess Shrine Shop, or sell excess monster parts for gold at the Monster Shop.
- Potion brewing stations are now available in Primary Dungeons.
- An infinite combat dungeon, the Catacombs, has added to Intori.
- New items have been added – warp to the overworld fast locations using the Warp Medalion, or break through red rocks blocking the path to the Slalen Ruins with the Flipper.
- Catacombs – a new infinite dungeon focused on combat has been added to the village.
- You can now move already placed buildings in the builders shop!
- Health scaling has been added for all bosses by player count.
- Complete requests by the villagers for bonus gold! These quests are added randomly as time passes.
- Added toggle to show building icons in builders shop to show what has already been placed on the map.
- Added support for upgrade nodes for various class ability modifiers! Movement speed for Hero Sprint, Knight Leap, Pirate Flap, Reaper Skull and class ability duration for Thief Fade, Pirate Flap. Class ability range and cooldown for Ranger Dash.
- Implemented Witch ability movement speed and ability duration upgrade
- Implemented Pirate ability movement speed upgrade
- Lowered magnitude of upgrade effect
- Changed Thief Steal upgrade to a single upgrade with higher cost.
- Added second set of class upgrades to the Goddess Shop :
- Thief – Guaranteed monster part drop on hitting monster from fade.
- Knight – Bonus weapon reach, increased armour.
- Ranger – Increase arrows dropped by monsters killed by bow, faster aiming and projectile speed, and reduced movement penalty when aiming.
- Mage – Bonus rune damage, burst fire (enabling burst fires for all spells), and advanced burst fire (additional projectiles).
- Pirate – More gems and gold dropped from chests.
- Reaper – Skulleton type enemies won’t aggro the Reaper player until attacked, and increased HP for fallen players skull.
- Added an ability to hold down the wand input and choose lock on target manually.
- Rebalanced rune damage.
- Rebalanced total mana when fully upgraded.
- Difficulty adjustments for various enemies have been implemented.
- Fixed Face enemies continuing to chase players that have moved to another floor layer.
- Electric Orb – a new bullet type has been added, which slowly homes into the player and zaps/damages on contact! Ouch!
- Added Weakened (poison) status effect type that causes enemies to take increased damage.
- Added support for re-engage delay to enemies so they don’t re-aggro immediately.
- Fixed Zellenak not recharging its shell if stunned while its shell is gone.
- Fixed crash issues upon joining an online lobby, and when selecting a save and transferring data
- Fixed players not being able to put down objects they’re carrying in online co-op
- Fixed not being able to shovel/dig up objects on floor layer 2 in the overworld.
- Fixed player getting hit by a waking mimic immediately on opening the mimic chest
- Fixed bottles in the weapon wheel showing the current potion type/appearing empty.
- Fixed being able to dash while aiming as the Ranger when the class action is on cooldown or not available for other conditions
- Fixed the input label button for Xbox controllers for the building toggle option in the Builders shop.
- Fixed stats changes from sword actions (destroying pots, bushes, etc) credit going towards only the primary player online instead of the player who performed the action
- Adjusted range for engaging with NPCs at a stall.
- Fixed Hero ability speed upgrade reducing speed instead of increasing
- Fixed Thief ability duration upgrade causing it to shorten instead of lengthen
- Fixed Knight stun duration not functioning due to being set as ability duration instead of ability effect duration
- Fixed Ranger ability range causing the range to decrease instead of increase
- Fixed Ranger arrow distance upgrade causing the range to decrease instead of increase
- Fixed Reaper ability movement speed upgrade causing it to decrease instead of increase
- Fixed Pirate upgrade for ability duration causing it to decrease instead of increase
- Fixed issues with the kiosk shops having 2 different input panel functions ‘Use’ and ‘Talk’
- Fixed not being able to close the produce shop with the Escape key while highlighting the for sale bin in the produce stall
- Fixed issues with dialog setup for Swamp Granny and other NPCs.
- Fixed player getting stuck in a drowning loop when landing in an ice trap from a jump.
- Fixed crash when opening the produce shop while the max amount of produce has been sold at once
- Fixed MP cost under wand runes in status screen to show actual cost once MP cost upgrades are factored in.
- Fixed floor 3 not being marked as complete.
- Fixed an issue where certain actions could cause a player to become trapped in Terakar Keep.
- Fixed an issue where monster health bars were clipping behind parts of the ceiling in Terakar Keep.
- Fixed an issue where flying enemies would sometimes clip underneath the floor in Terakar Keep.
- CaveK1 – Fixed a collision issue causing players to clip through the wall.
- List of changes:
A New Class!
You’ve heard of pet the dog… but what if you’re the one who wants to be petted? The Druid class allows you to transform into 6 different forms!
- Make like a fish in water! Transform into an aquatic fish-like form to swim through bodies of water.
- Wade through deep mud as a Croaker, a large toad-like creature.
- Turn into a dog to charm NPC’s and de-aggro enemies! You’ll also be able locate and dig up hidden objects.
- Use the form of a squirrel to dodge attacks and travel across the overworld or dungeons quickly.
- Transform into a lemur to leap into the air, and turn into stone as you slam down and stun enemies!
- Transform into a snake to both attack and de-buff enemies.
Featuring new handmade dungeons, each of these have a new tileset, puzzle structure, enemies and bosses!
Location: Overworld A18 (Far Southwest in Overworld)Monster Level: 20A desert / beach themed dungeon accessed by completing the Rescue Hank sidequest and getting the crab key. Players will have to find pearls and slot them into pedestals matching the design on each pearl, to unlock the boss room near the entrance!Mines
Location: Overworld S1(Far Northeast in Overworld)Monster Level: 70A mining themed dungeon in the wooded granite hills area! A large three floor dungeon where players will have to activate statues on each floor to unlock the boss room at the bottom. This dungeon features puzzles involving filling and moving minecarts on moveable tracks with pressure plates to activate nearby elements.Slalen RuinsLocation: Overworld T11 (Far East in the overworld half way between north and south)Monster Level: 75A water themed dungeon accessed by the new Flipper equipment. Players will have to raise and lower the water level to access different parts of each room…Catacombs – Infinite Combat Dungeon
A new infinite dungeon focused on combat has been added to the village! Fight through 26 room types randomly chosen for each floor – the difficulty with increase the further you venture, how long can you survive?
Enhance and add elements to your class at the Goddess Shrine Shop, or sell excess monster parts for gold at the Monster Shop! If you’ve got the itch for a little competition, stop by the Tavern!
- New Side Quests
- Potion Brewing Stations in Primary Dungeons!
- New difficulty levels! Choose between Normal, Hard and Brutal.
- New items! Warp to the overworld fast travel locations with the Warp Medalion, or ‘dash’ in the water, and break through damaged red rocks blocking the path to Slalen Ruins with the Flipper!
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos – Ver. ??? (Update 3)
- Release date: May 18th 2021 (North America, Europe) / May 19th 2021 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Added favorites system with weapon wheel and the ability to use 1 through 8 on the keyboard to select tools.
- Added Gather Red Mushrooms quest for players to gather red mushrooms throughout the swamp in exchange for a bottle.
- Added Gather Ember Nuts quest for players to gather ember nuts near trees in the overgrowth in exchange for a bottle.
- Added NPC Sanu in overworld K14 who gives players the Gather Ember Nuts quest
- Added gameplay option for pickup flashes.
- Added gameplay option for stat notifications.
- Added gameplay option for autosaving.
- Added functions to fallback to save backups when a corrupted save is detected.
- Added alternate title music after completing the game on any profile.
- Made various achievements unlock retroactively on loading a profile that should have them unlocked.
- Made players invincible for a brief time when entering a new map section.
- Added the ability to remove produce already placed for sale at the market.
- Added additional Dungeon 1 maps (1x1ae, 1x2j, 2x1i, 2x1j, 2x2d)
- Added additional Dungeon 3 maps (1x1ab, 1x1ac, 1x1ad, 1x2j, 2x1k)
- Added additional Dungeon 2 maps (1x1ab, 1x1ac, 1x2k, 2x1k, 2x2d)
- Added smaller burst for magic missile to non-mage classes.
- Added ability to bind the side mouse buttons (Mouse 4 and Mouse 5).
- Added ability to dash while aiming when playing as the Ranger.
- Made players with an active Temporal Scope have temporal particles spawning around them so players are aware they are in that state.
- Made pickups sink with effects when landing in lava.
- Increased arrow firing rate, arrow projectile speed and damage for Ranger.
- Made players not able to start map section transitions while a revive is active to fix reviving getting interrupted and failing.
- Increased ramping of gem removal for very large gem counts so it doesn’t take as long.
- Increased monster part drop rate of Face enemy from 25% to 100%.
- Added more pitch variance to NPC voice sound effects.
- Added furniture rotation for the following objects:
- Small Bookcase
- Swamp Table
- Vertical Swamp Table
- Bottle Shelf
- Drafting Table
- Work Bench
- Lemur Plushie
- Croaker Doll
- Medicine Cart
- Made players no longer able to open the house editor during a map transition to prevent them from leaving while holding furniture.
- Fixed the bounds for picking up a placed Dress Form in the player’s house.
- Fixed removing carpets below other furniture unblocking their tile collision when it shouldn’t.
- Made players receive the Reaper Thread if they have the quest/world event completed for the Mausoleum without holding the item or having the class unlocked.
- Made players receive the Ice Boots when they don’t yet own them but are past the Rescue Hiker quest.
- Updated Dungeon 3 2x1k to fix collision issues.
- Fixed arrow shooters spawning in invalid locations on layer 2 above layer 1 walls.
- Fixed dormant chests that aren’t spawning due to player count being counted towards room completion checks.
- Added Lava Shrine map name for banner when entering the shrines.
- Added Seren Oasis and Zoeli Wastes map names for south west region.
- Fixed fire statues not spawning causing Dungeon 3 1x1ad to not be complete-able.
- Fixed sliding block puzzle rooms being marked as complete before entering.
- Updated Dungeon 3 1x1o to fix players getting stuck on the stairs.
- Updated Overworld S6 to fix entities clipping through trees.
- Updated Dungeon 3 1x2e to fix players getting stuck between toggled obstacles.
- Updated Cave D9 to fix an issue with damage from the spikes on floor layer 2.
- Updated Overworld A14 to fix an area where the Croaker could push into a pocket of deep mud and end up softlocking via a bad map section transition.
NPC Bug Fixes
- Fixed animation issues for Edmund when being rescued.
- Fixed NPC dialog side effects running in error when a dialog is ended that doesn’t belong to an NPC.
- Adjusted NPC dialog setup for Sanu, Yiro, and Evie so it sets up based on the local players data online so that players only see the ! over an NPC’s head when they have an important dialog related to a quest.
- Updated dialog for Melissa so she no longer mentions pumping up your stamina.
- Fixed Bridget appearing floating in air when a player builds the fifth building in the lot directly to the right of the Warp Statue.
Co-op Bug Fixes
- Fixed various online co-op desync issues:
- Fixed hammer peg desyncs by adding packets to handle hitting the pegs.
- Fixed torch lighting desyncs by adding packets to handle torch lighting.
- Fixed doors being set on fire when an enemy with the same index is lit on fire.
- Made key doors open by host request so that two keys can’t be spent at the same time.
- Fixed issues on Steam with excluded station ID causing problems with rerouting packets between clients in certain situations.
- Fixed template weight not resetting correctly when playing online causing the same rooms to appear after a certain number of generations.
- Fixed players not always seeing the potion break and gaining its side effects in online co-op.
- Fixed fog overlays not drawing over the screen area when the camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed players gaining the shortcut unlock state of ramps they haven’t yet opened from other players that have opened them in co-op.
- Fixed other players online drawing under the dock stairs on some occasions
- Fixed damage effects displaying multiple times when a non-local player takes damage online.
- Made warp statues set their unlock state to the furthest back progress in the party to fix players gaining unearned progress in co-op.
- Fixed bombs not causing enemy health bars or visual fx to appear when playing online co-op.
- Fixed the shock overlay effect from zap jellies either not showing or always showing after the first time a player’s been zapped online.
- Fixed softlock when a player disconnects in the Chip-In UI caused by players not being able to commit to leaving or finishing without that player.
- Fixed players bounds being pushed downward when using the dock stairs causing them to start a map section transition in error in online co-op.
- Made upgrading a node in an upgrade tree send a packet informing all other players to make the upgrade for that player to keep displayed upgrade values consistent in various areas of the UI.
- Fixed players being set back to dead immediately after reviving when reviving in the lobby house.
- Made players not have their stamina set to the transitioning player in multiplayer.
- Fixed players spending more than one key in Croaker Caverns at doors causing them to not have enough keys to continue.
- Fixed players ending up in an incorrect state (walking on water) by catching an object while in an incompatible state for catching.
- Made the players currently equipped seed show correctly to other players online.
- Made changes to a player’s inventory when using a shop send the changed inventory data to other players.
- Fixed the arrow count not deducting when fired from a non-local client, an inventory update packet for the arrow count is now sent to all players on the bow being fired.
- Fixed dropping an item from the inventory deducting the item from the wrong player due to changes made for the system where all players can use the subscreen at once.
- Fixed watering can charges not updating for other players online when players fill their can at a well.
- Fixed the watering can charges being deducted only from the host when watering farmland.
- Fixed players being able to walk on water when another player triggers a map section transition just as they are about to drown.
- Fixed the skull spawning with the wrong section and floor index when a map section transition is triggered just as a player dies online.
- Made the Reaper’s charge data send to other clients in the regular player update packet so that the glow will display correctly when a critical attack is available.
- Made whether a tool is a glass tool or normal show correctly in online multiplayer.
- Fixed ghosts moving slowly due to some fields such as surface type and being on an ice slope not being reset to default on death.
UI Bug Fixes
- Fixed current room not flashing in minimap when the players highlighted floor in the larger dungeon map wasn’t matching their current floor.
- Made the correct button images draw for the input label for opening the status subscreen online.
- Fixed a button drawing corrupted when a player views an interaction prompt over a well using a single joycon.
- Fixed the cursor not being visible when players open the subscreens or the ‘save and quit’ dialog while the house editor is open.
- Fixed an already open item chest having the interaction listed in the input panel when the object is no longer interactable.
- Fixed the left click input icon not fading out like other inputs when the action is unavailable.
- Fixed the cursor not being visible in the dungeon map screen.
- Fixed a typo for the shovel description in Nik’s lab in English.
- Fixed spelling inconsistencies for the Teraspis fish in English.
- Fixed color selection being too sensitive and not wrapping correctly when creating or adjusting a save.
- Fixed issues with some players not being able to navigate the expression wheel.
- [Switch] Fixed some input types not being shown on the lobby house join screen when using multiple controller types.
- [Switch] Made dungeon seed display on pause menu in a dungeon.
- [Switch] Made the option to enter the pause menu from the subscreens show on all subscreens instead of just the Status/Equipment subscreen.
- Fixed the Fire Turret not showing as the cause of death and instead appearing as an unrelated enemy.
- Made choosing Abandon Run show as the cause of death in the game over screen.
- Fixed Mouse UI selector for the seeds in the players inventory being one too high allowing players to select a null seed type.
- Fixed final quest to delve into the endless dungeon having its marker in the village instead of at the endless dungeon.
- Fixed some UI not showing the remapped inputs for Alt-Interact when that input action is assigned to a relevant input for the screen:
- Place All option in the produce shop.
- Selecting Choose Colors in single player save/load screen.
- Selecting Choose Colors in lobby house class selection.
Enemy Bug Fixes
- Fixed Spikulo entering the chase state when returning from being stunned while upside down.
- Made Slither enemies generate hit particles that match their color if they are not the default green type.
- Fixed the Zellenak shell disappearing briefly when being hit with the grappling hook.
- Fixed the Thallasca enemy drawing corrupted when hit by the grappling hook.
- Fixed enemies with very low health points not taking damage from the burning status effect.
- Adjusted possible zombie spawn positions so that they don’t spawn into object collision in the cemetery.
- Made the Skull Spear enemy able to be stunned by a boomerang hitting them in the back regardless of their state.
- Made Gateway enemy spawning run through the host with a packet informing other clients. This will fix issues with some enemies persisting for only certain clients.
- Made enemies handle collisions with the Necrosaur boss.
- Fixed the Necrosaur’s heart being exposed in some cases on starting the fight again due to animation data not resetting correctly.
- Fixed players taking collision damage from a dead Rhizomorph boss.
- Fixed the Mimic enemy not sending a wake-up packet by the host when woken from a bomb.
- Fixed the Skulleton spawning in the Mausoleum being handled by two systems causing issues (duplication, glitched health bar) in some cases.
- Made highlighting an untilled area of a farm plot show red indicating a seed cannot be placed there yet.
- Made attempting to plant an apple tree show a 3×3 grid with green/red based on whether the area is clear.
- Added text for apple planting restrictions to purchasing the seed at the general store.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a crash when triggering a save after receiving the Reaper thread caused by the item count totals attempting to update in the save data when that data does not exist.
- Fixed bottle contents not loading correctly from the save file due to an indexing mismatch between bottle source and bottle contents.
- Fixed being able to highlight the Bomber class in the lobby house when the Bomber DLC is not owned
- Fixed incorrect sign directions text for Overworld F9 sign.
- Fixed music on Switch restarting when a player moves to another map with the same music assigned.
- Fixed a crash when letting the death or victory screen run for over 20 minutes on Switch due to memory leak.
- Fixed players getting pushed out of bounds when using the Croaker and dashing in some areas.
- Fixed players being able to use class abilities while froze.
- Fixed players clipping through the Spiked Wall object allowing them to get out of bounds.
- Fixed being able to destroy the gloopy puddles with the shield.
- Added a popup for receiving the sword beam upgrade after defeating the final boss.
- Fixed burning persisting for too long when the player lights an object on fire with lamp upgrades.
- Fixed crash when a skull is attempting to spawn in a map section that is now out of scope.
- Fixed the skull being assigned the wrong map section and floor index when a skull is still in the air while a transition is triggered.
- Made drowning in the mud or water spawn the players skull at their last safe position instead of in the deep mud.
- Made squirrels splash into the water in the rare case they end up on the water surface.
- Fixed the Croaker attack collision checks not running in some states where they should causing enemies to not be damaged when dashing through them.
- Fixed players throwing objects when they weren’t holding any when dying.
- Fixed the sword hit clash effects of green/purple blockers not changing based on whether they are up or down.
- Fixed dungeon 4 not being marked as enter-able when players beat the dungeon again after already completing it once before reloading the map.
- Fixed ambient audio loops not setting up for the time of day when using the time rune.
- Fixed the death count for the stats book being incremented more than once on dying.
- Fixed the video settings not saving immediately on being confirmed by the player.
- Made the Croaker sink into the mud when a player dies while riding one.
- Fixed the watering can overlay showing when it shouldn’t and with corrupted visuals when pushing against a wall.
- Fixed the Knight ability causing splash effects in areas where it shouldn’t.
- Fixed players receiving a filled bottle when making a save in a previously used slot then collecting a bottle without relaunching.
- Fixed the bomb bouncing along the ground with odd visual issues when kicked after being picked up and placed down.
- Fixed players being stuck in the water when using a dock while holding up the shield.
- [Switch] Fixed the game crashing when attempting to create a 12th save.
- Fixed using weapon and expression wheels in some states with forced movement causing players to get stuck or on end up on the wrong layer.
- Made players not able to be stuck in a web in jumping states to prevent them ending up on the wrong layer.
- Made players throw any held object on dying.
- Fixed the emblem not spinning in the slotting sequence when a player defeats two dungeons for the first time without restarting the game.
- Fixed players being able to dig holes by shoveling over the edge of a bridge.
- Fixed players in a floating state such as using the Witch broom ability being affected by conveyor belts.
- Fixed players getting softlocked on completing the fishing rod crafting cutscene.
- Fixed being able to skip over the goddess endgame dialog trigger using the Knight or Bomber ability.
- Fixed Spike balls being pushed by a pot moving in the wind causing collision and sound flooding. These pots will now break on hitting the spike.
- Fixed Lava Flow objects not having dynamic height based on map data causing them to stop in mid-air in some areas of Dungeon 3.
- Fixed the grappling hook immediately colliding when right up against terrain it should be able to pass through.
- Fixed pots that are picked up, placed, and destroyed on the ground not dropping pickups.
- Fixed the footsteps of a player drawing as squares when stepping on DeepMudEdge tiles.
- Fixed issues with time played statistic due to a missing call to initialize it locally on creating a new save.
- Fixed having the stairs state cancel when a dialog is ended while they’re traversing them.
- Fixed using the grappling hook and being pulled in while a player starts a dialog causing the grapple to resolve incorrectly, grappling updates will now halt along with the movement when a dialog is open.
- Fixed starting a dialog while a player is jumping causing the jump to resolve incorrectly, all jumping logic will now halt along with the movement when a dialog is open.
- Fixed the broken temporal stairs in the endless dungeon appearing blank when the temporal scope is used.
- Fixed players getting credit for the Terakar Keep token too early in the sequence causing players to have the token without having technically completed the dungeon as far as quest state and equipment ownership.
- Fixed wand auto aim issue on bosses, previously wand projectiles would occasionally fire in a random direction in a boss room.
- Fixed the Croaker spawning too far into a wall in some areas causing the player to push out of bounds.
- Fixed particles from the Hammer with the Evil skin equipped charging and healing the Reaper.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos – Ver. ??? (Update 1)
- Release date: March 31st 2021 (North America, Europe) / April 1st 2021 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Added a new ability to the Reaper allowing them to absorb monster essence upon slaying an enemy and unleash a guaranteed critical hit on collecting enough. The Reaper will glow orange when they’ve absorbed enough energy.
- Added reaper health absorption. Every 40 energy from fallen enemies absorbed returns 1% of the players health
- Added Mana on kill when using a sword (10% mana per kill)
- Added bonus damage to runes (100% -> 150%)
- Reduced mana cost of runes (100% – > 75%)
- Reenabled Rune burst fire for the Mage. Fire and Ice spells will now fire between 1 and 3 projectiles and Magic Missile will fire between 7 and 10 projectiles
- Potions used by Witch do 1/2 effect to all nearby players
- 200% effect for health and magic potions
- 150% effect from damage, armor, class ability cooldown buffs
- 125% effect from speed potion buff
- Made 50% of enemies killed by an arrow by the Ranger class drop an arrow
- Increased Thief attack damage by 20%
- Reduced Pirate attack damage by 12.5%
- Changed Knight stats (Reduced attack damage by 25%, increased attack cooldown from 1.5s to 3s, decreased stun duration by 25%)
- Reduced Bomber stun timer by 12.5%
- Increased wand damage by 20% for all classes
- Added brief invincibility (1 second) to finishing a Knight or Bomber’s leap ability
Quality of Life Improvements
- Added Abandon Run option to pause menu which will kill the player allowing them to leave a dungeon at will. Players will retain all loot as if you were killed by an enemy, trap or misplaced bomb.
- Added toggle for turning off screen shake in the options menu
- Made all players online able to use the sub-screens at once
- Updated loading screen and online lobby images for PC and Switch
- Made the house editor cursor position default to the house panel when opened
- Made Endless dungeon scale up in difficulty more quickly. Floors will now increase in monster level by 6 instead of 3
- Rebalanced final boss fight so bows and wand are still effective. Now arrows and magic will do 1/3 of their base damage instead of 1/10
- Fixed: Upgrading a demo save which has the bottle unlocked to the full game will cause the title to crash
- Fixed: [Online Co-op] Players may not be able to join private lobbies
- Fixed: Players could crash when using a wand in offline sessions after using them online
- Fixed: [Online co-op] Sometimes clients may be blocked from transitioning
- Fixed: The title would occasionally crash if too many sound effects were played at once (such as when opening the coffin in the Mausoleum side dungeon)
- Fixed: Any pick up-able objects may disappear when they are thrown between two clients during an online co-op game.
- Fixed: The client kicked from the session inside the hero’s house remains in the session for around 20 seconds.
- Fixed: The player is able to get the ‘Acquire farm equipment’ quest completed without required items in the inventory if another player in an online session has them.
- Fixed: Fishing with 3 other people during online co-op gameplay may result in fishing hook landing outside the screen.
- Fixed: Hitting Koleoptera’s tail by the host causes desynchronization between the clients and the host in an online co-op session.
- Fixed general overworld desync issues after finishing a dungeon or sleeping with a farm in the village due to farm data becoming out of sync
- Fixed the boss key sometimes spawning invisible or not spawning at all in online play when one player dies
- Fixed issues with players being assigned to the same slots of a lobby when leaving and rejoining
- Fixed the host’s music muting when a player leaves a session in the lobby screen
- Fixed beast statue rooms not being setup consistently with other players
- Fixed players getting charged a multiplier of an upgrade tree node cost for players 2, 3, and 4 in an online session
- Made the Frog Flute play an error sound and not run a dialog when in a boss fight if used to prevent the boss fight from becoming out of sync
- Fixed: Players fall through pits on Terakar Keep boss fight before pits have been created.
- Fixed: Koleoptera’s fire attack causes all pits to disappear for client players.
- Fixed: One of the pits may disappear for the clients after one of them dies during the boss fight in Terakar Keep dungeon 1.
- Fixed: The Skeleton’s life bar in the Mausoleum goes outside of the box for all clients in online co-op mode.
- Fixed: Getting trapped in webs by an Araknar whilst walking down steps can put the player on the wrong layer.
- Fixed: The character loses collision with the specific Chirinole enemies after transitioning from Overworld_Q18 to Overworld_Q16.
- Fixed: Player can receive gems from a Mimic in KezarCave5.
- Fixed: Zap Jelly electric attack deals very little damage in Omega Titan boss fight.
- Fixed: Boomerang radius not changed despite upgrading to full.
- Fixed: The player can enter the final boss warp from its upper side.
- Fixed: Player cannot beat Dungeon2 2x1i if the 3 boxes are destroyed before the player can open the chest.
- Fixed: Spikulo enemy does not respawn upon pressing the reset button in room 1x1i.
- Fixed: Purchasing a health or magic potion from Bones in a dungeon will deduct gems instead of coins.
- Fixed: Stuck after talking to dungeon trader.
- Fixed: Cannot toggle-off the Temporal Scope when in dungeons.
- Fixed: [Spanish] The Floor Spikes trap image overlaps the texts on the Death Screen after being killed by the Floor Spikes trap.
- Fixed: The player may be forced to take unavoidable damage when entering the 1x1j room of the Kryomar Temple dungeon.
- Fixed: The player is able to walk past the floor spike trap without taking any damage in room 1x1k in the Terakar Keep dungeon.
- Fixed: Player can walk on some areas of thick mud in Dungeon2 room 1x1p without sinking.
- Fixed: Some ledges in Dungeon3 room 2x1i don’t have any collision.
- Fixed: The player gets unavoidable damage when entering one room of the third dungeon through a door generated in a specific place.
- Fixed: The water streams located in the 1x1e room of the Terakar Keep dungeon have corrupted graphics.
- Fixed: One on occasion in a 4-player local co-op session the players revealed the chest in Dungeon1 1x1h without fully completing challenge.
- Fixed: Solving puzzle in Dungeon4 2x1e without using the block causes the chest to appear inside the block.
- Fixed: The character is clipping through the wall when entering or leaving the Boss Key room of the Kryomar Temple dungeon.
- Fixed: Players can progress to ‘Lower the Lava Level’ if the player obtains the grappling hook, travels south on the water and hooks across a bridge before entering a lava shrine.
- Fixed: Progressing a profile which has not unlocked the mud boots to the quest to ‘help the trapped swampfolk’ will block them from obtaining the mud boots.
- Fixed: Progressing a profile which has not unlocked the mud boots to Croaker Caverns to obtain the Frog Flute will prevent them from obtaining the mud boots.
- Fixed: Made warping to dungeon 4 when on Find Dungeon 4 advance the quest state
- Fixed: Made the hermit NPC give the player a compass regardless of quest state if they’re beyond this quest and don’t own it
- Fixed players being able to use the Ranger, Mage, Knight, and Bomber abilities to move past ice slopes without the Ice Boots
- Fixed talking to swamp guard before the explore the swamp quest causing the next dialog/quest to not be available
- Fixed going to dungeon 4 and revealing it before completing dungeon 3 causing the quest state to not move forward when arriving there later for the Find Dungeon 4 quest
- Fixed not being able to turn in the farmer quest when the player has collected the Kezar Fist before starting it
- Fixed some issues with turning in 3 fish to Emily in the dock house. Added check in save updater to fix this if it occurs.
- Fixed: The fish carpet has a collision.
- Fixed: Player will get stuck in the wall if they place the squirrel bed against the right-hand wall in their house.
- Fixed: The Dock House building disappears after getting lost in the Overgrowth woods.
- Fixed: Using the storm rune near the market stall causes the NPC to overlap with the closed curtain.
- Fixed: Using the storm rune near the market stall during storm causes NPC’s sprite to disappear.
- Fixed: Using Grappling Hook and getting hit by the nearby Wurmulon at the same time will result in the player being stuck in mud in Overworld_C13.
- Fixed: The reeling sound remains audible after failing to catch a fish.
- Fixed: Player can walk over a small hill in Overworld_F12.
- Fixed: The character loses collision with the environment after transitioning from Overworld_Q5 to Overworld_Q4.
- Fixed: Jumping behind a tree in Overworld_D5 can cause issues.
- Fixed: An attempt of jumping to the lake in Overworld F7 near the tree will result in small teleportation loop of the character.
- Fixed: Player can walk up a hillside in Overworld_S16.
- Fixed: Using the shield whilst the watering can is equipped will show both items.
- Fixed: The spikes on the ground do not damage the player in Cave F7 in the Crumwell Swamp region.
- Fixed: The water and sand textures overlap with each other at the edge of Overworld_E18 in Nostroc Beach.
- Fixed: The water and sand textures overlap with each other at the edge of transition between the Overworld_A18 and Overworld_E18.
- Fixed: There is invisible collision present in Cave K1 in Mount Sekoset region 4.
- Fixed: Some power spheres hidden under the ground are not marked with the “X” sign.
- Fixed: Player can get stuck between rocks in water in Overworld_N18.
- Fixed: The player’s character is able to walk on the walls in Cave H5 in the Mount Sekoset region.
- Fixed: The character riding in the croaker is clipping with a column in the Region 2 – Crumwell Swamp A14.
- Fixed: The cliff located in the Overworld_B13 is missing collision.
- Fixed: Player can walk along hillside in Overworld_B9.
- Fixed: Player will transition from Overworld_D1 to E2 if they walk into a gap on the hillside.
- Fixed: Player may be transitioned from Overworld D15 to previous land they stood on or to Overworld C16 if they push into a corner whilst using a Croaker.
- Fixed: Walking into a gap in the hillside in Overworld_H6 near Breezy House will push the player on top of the water.
- Fixed: Walking into a gap in the hillside in Overworld_N10 near Breezy House will transition the player to Overworld_P11.
- Fixed: The player may get stuck in trees after walking between the tree and the wall cliff in the Overworld_H6 in the Tufton Fields region.
- Added chance for Zap Jelly spawns in several Dungeon 1 rooms
- Added chance for Zellenak to spawn in more Dungeon rooms
- Added some tall grass within croaker caverns to give players more of a chance to heal up in this area
- Made zombie not stun when taking damage while rising out of the ground
- Made zombie not cause collision damage briefly to players when first starting to leave the ground
Other Bug Fixes
- Fixed dialog getting stuck on when selecting Yes when client talks to Griff in first quest
- Made the farm lot build immediately on its lot instead of going to lot selection as only one lot is available and clicking on it wasn’t functioning
- Made dead players not needed to move forward and ready up when in lobby house
- Fixed rain not watering crops when changing days or using the storm rune
- Fixed Mimic blocking the path forward in some cases, the chest will no disappear when opened
- Fixed closing a popup for equipping a new class in the tailor shop can cause players to trigger the side effects of the last run popup
- Fixed pressure plates updating while dormant
- Fixed being able to buy tools from the tool shop instead of getting them from Niks research shop
- Fixed an issue where players could leap from Breezy Island on overworld_H6 and land on the water
- Fixed an issue where players could walk through collision on overworld_K16
- Fixed an issue where players could clip through a wall and skip a locked door in croaker caverns
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a wall while transitioning, leading to softlock in croaker caverns
- Fixed an issue where a solo player could potentially get themselves stuck between two switch barriers in Dungeon 3 2x1e
- Fixed keys being able to be placed in the same chest multiple times causing players to occasionally become stuck with no way to continue. This was the cause of sometimes not having enough keys to complete a dungeon.
- Fixed Screen Shake setting in the options not saving between launches
- Fixed the red rock barriers not allowing the slab to move after being destroyed. Caused by recent changes to solve desync issues
- Made farm plots marked blocked in error fix when loading a save
- Fixed players entering the disabled tool purchase section and highlighting non visible nodes with the mouse in the tool shop
- Fixed Stick objects in farm not clearing debris status when destroyed
- Fixed ghosts not detaching from objects that are destroyed by another player
- Fixed ghost players being able to haunt destroyed objects
- Fixed being able to pick up gems placed on the map more than once with the grappling hook or boomerang
- Fixed the back input not working in some options menus
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17
How to download updates for Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.