RIVE: Ultimate Edition – Software updates (latest: Ver. 1.21)
In this post, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for RIVE: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch (originally released on November 17th 2017 in Europe and North America, and December 14th 2017 in Japan).
How to download updates for RIVE: Ultimate Edition for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for RIVE: Ultimate Edition, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game’s icon in the Home Menu and press – or + to get to the options screen. The version number is displayed below the title.
Click here for more Software updates!
RIVE: Ultimate Edition – Ver. 1.21
- Release date: December 14th (worldwide)
- Patch notes:
- Added video recording.
- Improved the checkpoint system, so there’s an even smaller chance you die, respawn and get stuck in a loop of hell in a loop of hell in a loop of hell.
- Improved support for Asian characters in the Leaderboards, like テ but not like Major Motoko Kusanagi.
- Your Achievements now survive the Reset Save Data option in the RIVE Settings menu. Deliberately want to get rid of them? The Delete Save Data option in the Switch System Settings is way more ruthless.
- Fixed an issue where foggy levels could look iffy after switching from TV mode to handheld/tabletop mode and vice versa. Now they look mesmerizing all of the time.
- Fixed an issue with positional audio effects, so their volume is no longer INCORRECTLY LOUD.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
- Additional notes: check out this post for the list of games compatible with the Video Capture feature.
- Source: TwoTribes