On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Prison Architect Nintendo Switch Edition on Nintendo Switch (originally released on August 20th 2018 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
Click here for more Software updates!
Prison Architect Nintendo Switch Edition – Ver. 1.0.6
- Release date: September 24th 2020 (North America, Europe) / September 25th 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Island Generator: You can now drag a rectangle over the open water and an island will be generated.
- Expanded Map start option: on new games, you can now choose the “Land expansion” option to start with an already expanded map, with adjacent land or sea purchased.
- Expanding an Island map: When expanding an Island map, a pop-up will give the choice to have only water or generated Islands.
Improvements and Fixes:
- Checkpoints will no longer cause issues with prisoner pathing.
- Improvements – Searchpoint now ignore entities leaving the map
- A set of quick islands and land stamps have been added.
- The food supply system and food delivery have been improved.
- Improved the Helicopter notifications, so it no longer causes performance drops.
- Improved the guards’ AI when they are idle.
- Solved the issue that caused Firefighter’s truck riding on the water after dismissing a helicopter on Island map.
- Fixed an issue where sinks close to the walls could be used as a door.
- When assigning a yard, a warning will no longer appear saying that it needs to be enclosed.
- Docks can now be attached to a road on connected islands.
- Fixed an issue that prevented boat docks to be placed when a bridge would cause a path collision
- Players can now build bridges above helipads.
- Fixed an issue with bridges that still were functional after dumping/destroying a part of the bridge.
- Fixed an issue with checkpoints that caused prisoners to stop working.
- Fixed an issue with checkpoints where every search counted as an unnecessary search, which could cause an increase in prisoner’s temperature.
- Characters will no longer have mismatched hands.
- Elite Ops Team is not included in Danger Level factors.
- Fixed an issue where Capacitor and Power Switch would not conducting electricity when rotating them.
- Solved the issue where warden can go beyond the map in Warden mode.
- Fixed an issue with supplies deliveries that was causing items to keep getting delivered every hour.
- Fixed an issue with visitation booths not being used by visitors or prisoners.
- Prisoners will no longer be able to walk through the visitation booth.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the danger level to go higher than medium, and that stopped riots from starting.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the laundry machine from working correctly.
- Fixed various issues causing game crashes.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Paradox Interactive
Prison Architect Nintendo Switch Edition – Ver. 1.0.3
- Release date: November ??? 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
Escape Mode DLC Updates
- Armories set as “Shared” areas in Architect Mode will automatically be set to “Staff” in Escape Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would get stuck following a crew member.
- Improved performance, particularly on ‘The Farm’ map.
- Fixed an issue in Escape Mode where the player could be stuck in the Infirmary being shot by the Military and healed by the doctors.
- Victims are no longer cleared at the end of the game, but rather at the start of a new game, allowing you to see the correct number of victims (and consequently the correct score).
- The ‘Cursor Zoom’ setting has been removed from the Escape Mode options (it didn’t work in that mode anyway).
- Fixed an issue where playing more than one map per boot would impact performance.
- Prevented games from becoming unplayable if the player shuts off a power supply and then becomes unconscious.
- Mobile Phones can now be stashed outside of missions for ‘The Boss’.
- Fires no longer destroys pipes and electrical cables.
Base Game Updates
- Fixed a crash which would occur when selecting the Catering option in the Logistics menu.
- Prevented a crash that would occasionally happen when placing serving tables.
- Stopped a hang from occurring when moving a large number of guards at the same time.
- Fixed a crash caused by having your money deducted.
- It is now possible to overlap quick rooms. (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only)
- Busted the pesky ghosts that were taking control of trucks and driving off without the driver.
- Dismantle Object now is at end of object list.
- Classy window no longer contains duplicate ‘- $’ in the construction hint.
- Vehicles could get trapped outside of the map and were stuck in a processing state, spamming invalid jobs into the job system and causing workers to try to pick them up, which they would fail indefinitely.
- Additional notes: release date TBC
- Source: Double Eleven
How to download updates for Prison Architect Nintendo Switch Edition for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Prison Architect Nintendo Switch Edition, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.