Today’s Pokémon news: various tidbits for Pokémon GO, but also…
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee!
- Pokémon Duel
Earlier this week, Niantic shared some details about the upcoming Community Day, which takes place on October 21st:
- focus Pokémon: Beldum (that will known a special move when evolved into a Metagross before the end of the event)
- bonuses: 1/4 Egg Distance, 3 Hour Lure Modules
If you’re looking to get yourself a new look in Pokémon GO, then head over to the in-game store right away! 6 new hats have been added (they all cost 100 coins):
- Bulbasaur hat
- Charmander hat
- Squirtle hat
- Team Valor hat
- Team Mystic hat
- Team Instinct hat
Also, new EX Raid Passes are now being sent out, for EX Raids to take place on October 1st / October 2nd. Those are a bit special, because they will be the first opportunity for players to try and get Deoxys! Alose, those new passes can be shared with other players.
Pokkén Tournament DX
Earlier this week, a new Software update for Pokkén Tournament DX was released. It brings the game to Ver. 1.3.3, and provides a lot of game balance fixed. You can check out the official patch notes on this page!
But that’s not all for Pokkén Tournament DX! A new Official Group Match has been announced:
- Name:Dark Nova Cup
- Type: Basic Battle, Fixed Battle Arena
- Runs from October 5th to October 7th
- Time: 3AM PT to 7PM PT / 6AM ET to 10PM ET / 5AM GMT to 9PM GMT / 6AM CET to 10AM CET / 6AM JST to 10PM JST
- Participation prize: Dark Nova (title)
- Ranking Prizes:
- Places 1 to 10 – Chrom League Master
- Places 11 to 30 – Red League Master
- Places 31 to 60 – Blue League Master
- Places 61 to 100 – Green League Master
As usual, you can find more details about the various Official Group Matches for Pokkén Tournament DX on this page!
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee!
Here’s one more screenshot for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee!, showcasing Eevee:
Also, here’s the recording of the stage presentation for the game at EGX, that doesn’t show anything really new:
And here’s a promo video:
Finally, here’s the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX version of the Eevee March music video:
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! (Switch) comes out on November 16th worldwide.
Source: The Pokémon Company (Twitter)
Today, it was announced that a new Software update for Pokémon Duel will be released on October 1st. It will bring the game to Ver. 6.2.5, and will provide plenty of game balance fixes:
Giratina Altered Form
- Shadow Ability replaced by Distory Ability (moves Giratina one step further while allowing it to move through Pokémon and changing form)
- Shadow Claw: damage increased from 150 to 160
- Hex: damage increased from 70 to 100
- Psyshock: effectiveness increased from ☆☆ to ☆☆☆
Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir
- Ghost Sensor Ability now blocks all types of Pokémon (not just Ghost)
- Moonblast: damage increased from 70 to 140
- Imprison: Pokémon with an Imprison marker now spin a miss
- Fire Blast: damage increased from 70 to 140
- Flamethrower: damage increased from 50 to 80
- Light Screen replaced by Flame Kinesis
- Soul Burner Ability now allows you to exclude all Pokémon with Branded markers on them if you exclude Chandelure from the battle
- Inferno: damage increased from 110 to 130
- Branded: wheel size increased
- Miss: wheel size decreased
- Harvest Festival Ability is now activated on KO (instead of exclusion from battle)
- Destiny Bond: wheel size increased
- Miss: wheel size decreased
As usual, you can find more details about the various Software updates for Pokémon Duel on this page!
Also, the latest Queen’s Cup event is now live, and runs until October 1st. This one allows you to earn the Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Sandslash figures!
As usual, you can find more details about the various Events for Pokémon Duel on this page!