Today’s Pokémon news: new set of Limited Research tasks coming to Pokémon GO, but also…
Niantic has announced another set of Limited Research tasks, this time focusing on weather. It primarily features Lotad (Water and Grass-type), that you can encounter by completing Field Research tasks obtained from PokéStops. There’s also various other Pokémon that will appear more frequently as part of this event.
Here’s the list of features:
- Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions will appear more frequently during the event.
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Lotad.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Lotad and Shiny Castform in its Normal form!
But that’s not all… The move Weather Ball (for Castform) will be permanently added to the game.
Here’s when the event takes place: March 30th, from 11AM to 8PM local time. Just like the new time for Community Days, it’s the same time for all timezones, so you don’t have to calculate when you will be able to get the Limited Research tasks: it’s 11AM to 8PM, no matter where you live!
And don’t forget: as long as you collected the Limited Research Tasks within the time window mentioned above, you will be able to clear them at any time; you don’t necessarily have to do it right away. In fact, it’s recommended to visit as many PokéStops as possible in order to get as many sets of tasks as you can, so that you can encounter lots of Lotads!
And as part of the latest Community Day, which takes place today worldwide, the following box is now available in the Store:
- Community Day Box (480 Coins): Ultra Ball x30, Super Incubator x2, Egg Incubator x3, and Lure Module x1
Here’s pictures of some more merchandise, from Japan: