Today’s Pokémon news: more details about the home release of Pokémon Detective Pikachu, but also…
- Pokémon The Movie 2020
- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Game Freak
- Pokémon Kids TV
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
The Pokémon Company have shared some more details about the home release for Pokémon Detective Pikachu in the United States. At retail, the following editions will be available:
- 4K UHD Combo Pack
- Blu-ray Combo Pack
- DVD Special Edition
Here’s the various bonus features that come with the movie:
- Alternate Opening
- My Pokémon Adventure
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Welcome to Ryme City
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Uncovering the Magic
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Action
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Colorful Characters
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Bringing Pokémon to Life
- Mr. Mime’s Audio Commentary
- Ryan Reynolds—Outside the Actor’s Studio
- “Carry On” by Rita Ora and Kygo (Music Video)
- Detective Mode (which allows you to watch the movie like you’ve never seen it before with a world of hidden clues, behind-the-scenes footage, pop-up trivia, Pokémon facts, fun featurettes, Easter eggs, and more!) [only in 4K UHD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack)
Finally, just like in the United Kingdom, the physical release of the movie will include a special promo card (no matter which edition you pick). Digitally, the movie will be available at the following: Amazon, FandangoNOW, AppleTV, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox, and more.
Reminder: the home release of Pokémon Detective Pikachu is only July 23rd digitally, and August 6th at retail, in the United States.
Source: The Pokémon Company
Pokémon The Movie 2020
At the end of the early screening of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, at Anime Expo 2019, a teaser for the next Pokémon movie was shown. Unfortunately, it’s not clear when that teaser trailer will be uploaded on YouTube. Right now, we have very little details about the movie, and all we know is that it will use 2D animation (as opposed to 3D animation used in Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution).
The movie will most definitely open on July 10th 2020 in Japan.
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
Here’s a few commercials for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution:
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution opens on July 12th in Japan.
In order to celebrate the release of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution in Japan, on July 12th, Armored Mewtwo is set to appear in five-star raids from July 10th to July 31st. Also, Mewtwo items will be added to the Style Shop!
Here’s a short promo video:
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Nintendo have announced that Pokémon Sword and Shield will be playable at Hyper Japan Festival 2019, taking place from July 12th to July 14th at Olympia London, Kensington. It will be the same demo that has already been playable at various events (including E3 2019).
Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) comes out on November 15th worldwide.
Here’s the latest video from the Game Freak YouTube Channel:
Pokémon Kids TV
Here’s the latest video from Pokémon Kids TV YouTube Channel: