Today’s Pokémon news: details for the Alola Friendly (second battle competition for Pokémon Sun and Moon), but also…
- Pokémon Bank
Pokémon Sun and Moon: Alola Friendly
Today, The Pokémon Company shared some details for the second battle competition for Pokémon Sun and Moon:
- Format: Single Battle, 3 Pokémon per battle;
- Pokémon restrictions: only Pokémon from the Alolan Pokédex, with the exception of all Mythical and Legendary Pokémon;
- Item restrictions: all items allowed except Mega Stone. Two Pokémon cannot be holding the same Hold Item;
- Level: 50 (if above, automatically lowered to 50)
- Registration: January 19th to January 26th. Participant limit: 50 000
- Battles: January 27th to January 29th, with a limit of 15 battles/player and /day;
- Participation gift (must compelte at least 3 battles): 50 Battle Points.
If you want to train ahead of the Battle Competition, you can do so by going to the Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, select “Battle,” and then tap “Download Rules”.
Source: Pokémon Global Link
A quick reminder for players who might be wondering when Pokémon Bank for Pokémon Sun and Moon will be launched: the update will be available before the end of the month. In fact, the official website in Japan clearly indicates “late January” (this is nothing new, the wording is simply clearer than on the English website).
This update will allow you to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, but also Pokémon Red Version / Blue Version / Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.