Today’s Pokémon news: additional details about Detective Pikachu, but also…
- Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon / Sun / Moon – Distribution
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
- Pokémon Duel
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
- Pokémon Day
- Pokémon merchandise
- Pokémon Centers
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Earlier today, the latest trailer for Detective Pikachu was revealed: you can find it in this post if you haven’t seen it yet. But it turns out the Japanese trailer is actually quite different.
While it does show more or less the same events, it was edited in a completely different way, so it’s definitely worth checking out… especially if you’re interested in the Japanese voices, that will be available in all verions of the game (even in Europe and North America!).
Here’s the Japanese trailer:
And here’s some more screenshots:
Also, the North American trailer reveals that players buying the game at participating retailers will get a download code for a special Nintendo 3DS Theme. It’s the same one that players will get for buying the game via the Nintendo eShop in Japan. It’s quite likely players in Europe and North America will also be able to get a download code that way.
Here’s what the Nintendo 3DS Theme looks like:
Finally, in Japan, players who pre-order the game at Pokémon Center stores will be able to a storybook called “Detective Pikachu ~Episode 0: Eevee’s Request~, which seems to be a prequel. Here’s what the cover looks like (+ picture of the key holder that comes with all pre-orders everywhere):
Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon / Sun / Moon – Distribution
Heads up for players in Europe, North America, and other regions: the first Legendary Pokémon distribution for Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon / Sun / Moon ends on February 28th (that’s on Wednesday). You only have a few days left to get your Serial Code, to be redeemed for either Palkia or Dialga (depending on your version). Check out this post for more details!
Speaking of Pokémon distributions, here’s the video for the Regigigas and Heatran one, that runs in March:
Pokkén Tournament DX
Today, the latest official Group Match for Pokkén Tournament DX went live. Here’s all you need to known:
- Name: Underworld Ruler Group Match
- Type: Team Battle, Fixed Battle Arena
- Runs from February 23th to February 26th
- Time: 3AM PT to 7PM PT / 6AM ET to 10PM ET / 5AM GMT to 9PM GMT / 6AM CET to 10AM CET / 6AM JST to 10PM JST
- Participation prize: Underworld Ruler (title)
- Ranking Prizes:
- Places 1 to 10 – Chrom League Master
- Places 11 to 30 – Red League Master
- Places 31 to 60 – Blue League Master
- Places 61 to 100 – Green League Master
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
Today, battles for the second online competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon went live. It’s called Ultra Sinnoh Classic, and here’s all you need to know about it:
- Pokémon allowed: Pokémon from the Sinnoh Pokédex (including Pokémon transferred via Poké Transporter)
- Pokémon banned: regional variant of allowed Pokémon, but also Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus;
- Battles: Single Battles, Team of 6 Pokémon and 3 sent to battle;
- Level: 50 (dropped to 50 if above);
- Items: all allowed, with the exception of Mega Stoens and Z-Crystals. Also, two Pokémon cannot have the same Hold Item;
- Participation prize: 50 Battle Points (need to battle at least once);
- Registration: February 15th to February 22nd;
- Battles: February 23rd to February 25th;
- Results announced sometime in March.
The latest Gym Cup event is the Dark Gym Cup, and it went live yesterday. Here’s all you need to know about it:
- Runs from February 22nd to February 26th
- Dark-type Movement 0, 1, and 2 figures = +1 Movement;
- Fairy-type figures = +20 Attack (for each attack);
- Gym Boosters available, with the contents increasing with your winning streak. Said boosters have to be redeemed before March 3rd
- Honchkrow figure available as reward
- Trophies will be distributed to qualifying players after the event.
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
Here’s the preview for the next episode of the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series, airing on March 1st:
To celebrate Pokémon Day (February 27th, which is when the first Pokémon game was released in Japan, 22 years ago), The Pokémon Company opened a special page, in order to share “memories” about the series. You can check it out by clicking here!
Here’s some pictures (and a video) of even more Pokémon merchandise and toys from Japan:
Here’s the latest video for the Pokémon Center stores in Japan:
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing this Sunday in Japan: