Today’s Pokémon news: latest videos for Pokémon Sword and Shield, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Masters
- A Day with Pikachu
- Pokémon Championships
- Pokémon merchandise
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Here’s the latest videos for Pokémon Sword and Shield, with:
- the latest Accolades Trailer
- the latest commercials from Japan
Niantic have announced the latest event for Pokémon GO: the Evolution Event. It will be of two parts:
Evolution Event (December 5th to December 12th)
- Pokémon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokémon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokémon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokémon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- Evolution items from raids
Evolution Raid Day (December 7th, from 11AM to 2PM local time)
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
A new set of boxes is now available in the Store in Pokémon GO:
- Special Box (480 Coins): Premium Raid Pass x2, Super Incubator x2, Lure Module, Lucky Egg x2
- Ultra Box (1480 Coins): Premium Raid Pass x17, Super Incubators x4, Star Piece x4, Lucky Egg x4
- Adventure Box (1480 Coins): Super Incubator x8, Star Piece x4, Egg Incubator x10, Lucky Egg x4
Here’s the video for the Lurking Shadow Legendary Event, which is now live in Pokémon Masters (with English and Japanese versions):
A Day with Pikachu
The Pokémon Company have revealed the latest A Day with Pikachu figure: it’s called Ringing in the Fun, and it will be released via the Pokémon Center Online website later this month.
Here’s some pictures and details:
Pikachu has had a fantastic year, but the little Pokémon is looking forward to all the exciting possibilities that are in store for the New Year! Ringing In the Fun is the latest figure in Funko’s A Day with Pikachu series, and it shows Pikachu celebrating at the end of the countdown to midnight. The hands on the Hoothoot clock are at 12, and we can see a used party cracker that has covered the ground with colorful confetti. And is it just us, or does Pikachu’s noisemaker look suspiciously like the Ultra Beast Blacephalon?
Source: The Pokémon Company
The Pokémon Company have revealed the rules for the 2020 Video Game Championships, which will go into effect on January 4th. They are as follows:
- All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- Each player will need their own Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite and a physical or digital version of Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield to compete.
- Pokémon will need to have the Galar symbol, showing they were caught in the Galar region.
- All Pokémon from the Galar Regional Pokédex will be permitted except for Mythical Pokémon and certain Legendary Pokémon.
- All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon will not be allowed.
- Duplicate held items will not be allowed.
- Each battle will begin with a 90-second Team Preview phase.
- Players will have 7 minutes of Your Time, 45 seconds of Move Time, and (now returning to the VGC) 15 minutes of Game Time in each battle.
As for Gigantamax, the list of Pokémon allowed to compete will expand every few months, as more of them are made available in-game. Here’s those that will be allowed from January 4th:
- Charizard (only permitted with the Ability Blaze)
Source: The Pokémon Company
Here’s pictures of some Pokémon figures coming to Japan next year (April and May for the two sets respectively):
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing this Sunday (December 8th) in Japan: