On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Nintendo Switch (originally released on September 20th 2018 in Japan, and December 4th 2018 in Europe and North America).
Looking for details about the various Pokémon distributions for this game? Then please check out this page instead!
How to download updates for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for the game, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Important note: each version of the game has its own set of Software updates. Naturally, the contents of said updates are the same for both versions, but that means that you need to download them for both if you own the two games.
Click here for more Software updates!
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – Ver. 1.0.1
- Release date: January 22nd 2019 (North America) / January 23rd 2019 (Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Issues Fixed
- The issue where the Pokémon received through Mystery Gift does not get registered in the Pokédex when exiting the game without saving has been resolved.
- If you have already received the Pokémon through Mystery Gift, put the Pokémon that is not registered in the Pokédex in the Pokémon Box and download the update data. Once this is done, the Pokémon should be reflected in the Pokédex.
- Other Update Information
- The Pokémon’s Markings and Judge function’s □ and ☆ orders were reversed. It has now been changed to match.
- Various gameplay fixes.
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – Ver. 1.0.0
- Release date: November 1st 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- Additional notes: this is the launch version of the game, and the one you get when you pre-purchase it from the Nintendo eShop. Should there be a Day 1 update, we will add all the relevant details on this page as soon as they’re available.
- Source: Nintendo