Today’s Pokémon GO news: GO Snapshot contest announced, and PokéStop submission system now available in Taiwan!
GO Snapshot contest
Niantic have announced a special contest for Pokémon GO, making us of the GO Snapshot feature. Fans can enter any of the three unique challenges (each with a specific focus) in order to try and win various prizes.
Here’s the various challenges
- Adventure #1: Buddy Challenge (April 15, 2019, to April 24, 2019)
It’s time for a photo shoot with your Buddy Pokémon! In this challenge, we’re looking for Trainers to show us photos that highlight the connection between them and their Buddy Pokémon. From your shared adventures at the park to some fun moments at home, we want to see what makes your Buddy Pokémon your buddy!
- Adventure #2: Habitat Challenge (April 29, 2019, to May 8, 2019)
For our Habitat Challenge, we’re asking Trainers to take the best photos of Pokémon in their natural habitat! It’s time to learn more about your Pokémon, as understanding a Pokémon’s type and Pokédex information is an important factor in winning this challenge!
- Adventure #3: Go Create Challenge (May 13, 2019, to May 22, 2019)
With GO Snapshot, there are almost no limits when it comes to where, when, and how you capture AR photos of your Pokémon. In our Go Create Challenge, we’re asking you to show us how innovative you can get with GO Snapshot. We can’t wait to see where your creativity takes you, Trainers!
Here’s what you can win:
- The grand-prize winner and two runners-up for each challenge will be selected based on the originality, creativity, and visual fun of their snapshots.
- Each runner-up will win a special PokéStop featuring their winning photo that will remain no less than three months!
- The grand-prize winner for each challenge will receive this special PokéStop and be whisked away with travel and tickets to a 2019 Pokémon GO Fest of their choice!
Check out this page for more details, including how to enter each challenge!
Heads up for players in Taiwan: the beta version of the PokéStop nomination system is now live in your country, though only for those that are Level 40!
Source: Niantic (Twitter)