Initially announced for a 2019 release, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been moved to 2020. Versus Evil and Obsidian Entertainment have announced that the release date for the Nintendo Switch version will be revealed in early 2020. It will be known as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition on consoles.
The game will cost 59.99€ / £49.99 / $59.99, and will include all of the following:
- the base game
- all the major updates and expansions already available on PC
- the “Beast of Winter”, “Seeker, Slayer, Survivor”, and “Forgotten Sanctum” expansions
An Ultimate Collector’s Edition will also be released via THQ Nordic. It costs 129.99€ / £119.99 / $129.99, and includes the following:
- Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [including the 5.0 PC patch], and all DLCs: Beast of Winter, The Forgotten Sanctum, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor
- 10″/25cm Od Nua Statue
- Spacepig Keychain
- Metal-optic 3D Sticker
- Premium Box
And here’s some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before, providing players with a deeper single player RPG game experience with either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause. Featuring an enormous open world, a massive cast of characters,budding adventurers can explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and meaningful choices at every turn. “Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition delivers the freedom of tabletop role-playing that allows console gamers to craft their own definitive adventure,” said Steve Escalante, General Manager of Versus Evil.
The god Eothas awakened from his sleep, erupting from beneath your castle, killing your people and stealing a piece of your soul. Now only you and your companions can uncover the rogue god’s machinations as he tramples over the Deadfire Archipelago. Bend the world to your will as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn. Featuring an enormous open world, a massive cast of characters, and a story you can play your way, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition redefines the role-playing game experience for a new generation.
- Play in either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause: Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience – now with both classic real-time with pause and new turn-based combat, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before.
- A massive adventure: Over 100 hours of gameplay per playthrough.
- Play however you want: Detailed character creator character and over 1000 class permutations gives you the freedom to be whoever you want.
- Gather your party: Build your party and customize your companions to join you on your quest. Assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships, reactions to player choice, and interactions with each other unfold.
- Beast of Winter DLC – Heed the call of Vatnir, a priest of the god of death, to halt the tide of destruction encroaching upon the living.
- The Forgotten Sanctum DLC – Battle your way through the bowels of a vengeful, sleeping god.
- Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC – Triumph or die in the Crucible of Kazuwari, where only the mighty reign.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (Switch) comes out in 2020 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Versus Evil PR / THQ Nordic PR