On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various updates for Orbital Bullet on Nintendo Switch (originally released on November 10th 2022 in North America, Europe, and Japan)!
Click here for more updates!
Orbital Bullet – Ver. 1.1.0 (Over 9000 Update)
- Release date: December 9th 2022 (North America, Europe) / December 10th 2022 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
Improvements & New Things
- Added two new Enemy Modifiers, which will add new threats and encounters to existing enemies.
- Bullet Rain:
Every 5 seconds, emitting a fountain of projectiles that hurts the player if he’s too close.
Every 5 seconds firing a long-range projectile towards the player direction.
- Protector Enemy that shields other enemies can now also appear in early levels to create more dynamic encounters.
- Added a new effect when stomping enemies that are turtled, which shows that their shield is now broken.
- Turtled enemies lose their shield sometimes to make them vulnerable. This prevents spawns underneath blocks that could cause hard stucks when you could not break the shield.
- Increased the amount of loot you get from boss kills to make it more rewarding.
- Added new Elite Templates for all Planets for more variety, difficult encounters and making blueprints more accessible.
- We buffed Golden Weapons, so they now have an increase in fire rate to make it more desirable to get a full golden arsenal of weapons. This will shake up the weapon meta, make more combinations viable, and let your builds escalate even more!
- We capped the Weapon Tier that can drop in rifts depending on the current planet. Previously you could after a couple of upgrades get Tier 5 weapons on the planet one rift, which is no longer possible now.
- Increased the time enemies take to react after you enter a door in the Harvest Fields. Previously, they would attack you right away when you entered the floor.
- Improved the DPS display of certain weapons to give a more accurate indicator of its damage output.
- We improved the accessibility of the overcharged and eternity weapon modifier unlock. Every player does now have easier access to them, which will also result in more weapon variety and decision-making through your run.
- Overcharged Weapon Modifier:
Put the two batteries into the teleporter at Talos.
Clear and collect the Overcharged Modifier at Talos.
- Eternity Weapon Modifier:
Activate the Eternity Console at Miro.
Clear and collect the Eternity Modifier at Miro.
- Added more visual effects and feedback to the Class Skill Tree, Meta Skill Tree and the Weapon Rack.
- Added Rewards which the Zeta Mission Chest would give you on completing the Mission.
- Improved and increased the rewards of opening Rare Chests, depending on which Planet you are on right now.
- Each Planet would give 30 Credits.
- Planet 1:
1 Weapon Fragment, 5 Nanobytes.
- Planet 2:
2 Weapon Fragments, 5 Nanobytes.
- Planet 3:
3 Weapon Fragments, 10 Nanobytes.
- Planet 4:
4 Weapon Fragments, 12 Nanobytes.
- Planet 5:
5 Weapon Fragments, 15 Nanobytes.
- In the Elevator on Zeta, the chest will drop a weapon if the mission “Secret Elevator” was already cleared.
- Added a laser sight to the Rocket Launcher enemies to improve their anticipation and indicate if they shoot from the other side of the circle.
- Increased the visual size of key card drops.
- Changed the Pattern of the Abandoned Commander XiL Boss Fight.
- Battery Shield Phase could happen multiple times in a row.
- Battery Shield Phase at 80%, 60%, 40% and 20% Health.
- Added hit markers to the Mastermind Boss arms to make it obvious that you must destroy them first before you can attack his heart.
- The convert icon in the Weapon Rack and Skill Tree was incorrect and was changed to a new one.
- The Weapon Rack prompts had background layout issues, which got adjusted.
- Added a new weapon to the start weapon pool: 360° Laser Gun.
- We enabled the cursor inside the planet selection to improve the UI navigation.
- Improved hit collision of Bullet Rain from Elite enemies.
- Combo System overhauls and improvements:
- The Combo HUD is now easier to understand and only shows your current multiplier and combo count, which is needed to unlock combo chests.
- Combo chests are positioned at the end of each level to make them easier accessible. This does reduce backtracking.
- Added new rewards to combo chests:
- For the Eternity Tower, we made three major changes.
- The first change is that we introduce Overcharged Skills into the Eternity Tower without a cap. This will make all classes more viable especially in the endless mode and since it’s not capped you will be able to overcharge all skills. This will allow super strong and Eternity Tower exclusive builds! This does also give us an additional layer on how we can add player power besides buying perks and skills.
- Overcharged Skills are available to purchase after maxing out 8 skills.
- The second change is that we introduce Goodie Bags to the Eternity Tower Endless Mode. Goodie bags will contain Nanobytes and Weapon Fragments and can be obtained in the Shop. So besides playing the Eternity Tower Endless Mode to get the highest high score, you can now also make farm runs for currency that you can spend in upgrades which help you in your normal playthrough.
- Goodie Bags can spawn after Stage 70 in the Eternity Tower Endless Mode.
- The third change is that we introduce Stacked Bosses to the Eternity Tower Endless Mode. On a Stacked Boss Stage there will no longer only be one boss spawn but two. The combinations created from Stacked Bosses will dramatically increase the difficulty and make the runs more interesting, since you will not know what the next combination of bosses will be.
- Stacked Bosses start spawning at Stage 50 in the Eternity Tower Endless Mode.
- Finally other changes are transferred into the Eternity Tower as well, e.g. new level templates, new enemy modifiers and enemy distribution. All in all, does this increase the variety across the whole Eternity Tower to make this an overall more exciting and a more worthwhile experience!Balancing
- Reduce the damage bonus that you gain from the Credit Master, as well as reduce the overall credit in a full run.
- Damage Level 1:
5% → 2.5%
- Damage Level 2:
10% → 5%
Passive Health regeneration was changed from a time-based approach to a floor clear approach. This means instead of every 20 seconds, you now get after every 2nd floor cleared a small amount of health back.
- We changed the shop reroll, so it no longer increases the costs of the items.
- Blueprint drops were overhauled. Previously, they were bound to a specific enemy type. Now they are bound to a specific Planet. This means they now have a small drop chance from every enemy at a given Planet, while Elite enemies keep a higher drop rate overall.
- To ramp up the overall meta progression of the game, which ultimately results in more variety and fun, we revisited the reward distribution and made several adjustments.
- Increased the overall amount of found Weapon Fragments and Nanobytes
- Improved Blueprint accessibility
- Increased the overall amount of loot you get from a boss kill
- Added more ways to obtain Weapon Fragments and Nanobytes e.g. Rare Chests and Combo Chests
- Experience Capsules will now give you experience beyond a level up. Previously, it did only fill your current level up, which made them very unrewarding if you used one close to a level up.Bug Fixes
- In some Areas of the game the cursor would not be locked and still float around on screen after closing the UI.
- Fixed a bug where the Weapon Fragment Converter automatically converted all your Nanobytes on entering the Weapon Rack.
- Collisions of the Boss Crawler bullet rain were adjusted to not hit the player when fading out which sometimes could feel unfair.
- Removed overlapping Interactable in the Dread Corp Space Station and Talos.
- Fixed the issue where Maximum Power achievement did not get unlocked after the Skill Tree was maxed out.
- Fixed the issue where Clean Hands achievement was bugged and did not unlock correctly.
- Fixed a bug where stomping enemies for the Infinite Stomping achievement did not count correctly after upgrading the crushing stomp.
- Fixed a bug where the protector enemy could spawn on the wrong circle which could cause overlaps with other enemies.
- The Restart and Main Menu UI sometimes overlapped which is now fixed.
- Skills and Skill Tree are now properly loaded when you continue your run in the Eternity Tower.
- Fixed the issue that Through Hell achievement would not be unlocked properly.
- Fixed an issue with Perks not loading correctly after continuing the game.
- Fixed a bug where you would use an Overcharge Pillar and your Health HUD would have a visual glitch afterwards.
- Fixed a bug where the Hover Shotgun & Explosive Rail Gun could break circle transitions.
- Fixed a bug where Overlords would spawn their Spawnlings after death inside the Rifts which could cause enemies flying outside of the normal circle.
- Fixed a bug where you could not unlock the hard mode of the Eternity Tower.
- Fixed a bug where the Weapon mods had wrong text in the pause menu.
- Fixed a bug where the Eternity Endless Mode would increase the campaign’s difficulty through incorrect loading. This would cause you played at Overcharge Levels which were not unlocked.
- Fixed a bug where entering the Eternity Tower would wipe your Nanobytes.
- Fixed a bug where weapons dropped from a double Weapon Chest could have display issues with the damage type icons.
- Fixed a bug where some icons in the Zeta map would be displayed at the wrong position.
- Fixed a bug where Boomer Enemies could destroy parts of the platforming transition to the next sector resulting in a hard stuck.
- Fixed a bug with an immortal Boomer Enemy on Miro.
- Fixed a bug where the Eternity Shards got inserted into the Eternity Console in the wrong order.
- Fixed an issue in the Eternity Towers Shop where weapons would not show descriptions correctly.
- Fixed a layout problem with the reroll text being out of bounds.
- Fixed a bug with constant teleporting in the Tutorial when hitting the A Button on the gamepad.
- Fixed the Master of Modification achievement that did not unlock correctly after maxing out all Class Skill Trees.
- Fixed a bug where the Laser Shooting Crawler would not scale with the Overcharge level.
- Fixed a bug where the Weapon Level did not show up after maxing out min and max levels.
- Fixed a bug where the Rift reward could be incorrect. The Rift Chest could reward you with only 2 Stars even when you took no damage.
- Fixed a bug where there was an Eternity Shard placed in the Dread Corp Space Station.
- Fixed a bug where the Eternity Shard Icon would still be displayed in the HUD after inserting it into the Eternity Console.
- Fixed a bug where you could take damage from the fire wheel traps while you are transitioning to the next floor.
- Fixed a bug where you could have the wrong amount of Medi Backpack Charges after continuing a run.
- Fixed a bug where you would lose your class item after continuing a run.
- Fixed a bug where your Skill Tree could become glitched after continuing a run.
- Fixed a bug where rerolling the shop could cause that some items would have wrong prices.Localization & Text Fixes
- Fixed an issue at the Weapon Rack where certain elements were not fully localized.
- Fixed wrong text and issues at several skills in the Meta Skill Tree.
- Fixed an issue at the Overcharge Console, which would show the wrong text for the Player Benefits of playing higher Overcharge Levels.
- Fixed an issue where the damage type of weapons would not be shown in the proper color and had a text marker issue.
- Fixed the leave level prompt at Karth that was not translated.
- Fixed the layout and localization of the Delete Save File prompt.
- The “Settings will save after closing the window” Text is now aligned properly.
- Fixed a bug in German localization where the Delete Save File prompt was overlapping other elements.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Assemble Entertainment (Steam)
How to download updates for Orbital Bullet for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Orbital Bullet, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.