It’s in a little over 3 weeks that the latest One Piece game on Nintendo 3DS will be released. Called One Piece: Dai Kaizoku Colosseum, it’s a 2D action game developed by Arc System Works. Today, Bandai-Namco shared a brand new trailer for the game, showcasing the characters, and more.
Here it is:
Here’s the list of characters showcased in this trailer:
- Rob Lucchi
- Monkey D Luffy
- Roronoa Zoro
- Tonytony Chopper
- Nico Robin
- Marshall D Teach
- Eustass “Captain” Kid
- Trafalgar Law
- Donxquixote Doflamingo
The trailer also mentions the D-Assist characters: there’s 80 of them in total. They allow you to get various bonuses, to help you in battle:
- Status up
- Special Effects
We also get to see the mode that allows you to create your very own team of pirates. As explained in this post, it “You can have various character join your team, and depending on who joins, you will get to enjoy different dialogue scenes and short stories. Of course, you can train your characters by having them fight, so they can become stronger.”
There’s also Grand Online, where you can battle against other players online. With each victory, the bounty on your head (your rank) increases. It looks like there will even be some official tournaments, too.
Next, here’s some details from the latest issue of V-Jump (courtesy of Shonen Gamez). First, some Assist characters are revealed:
- Spandam (who can use the Funkfree Sword)
- Wanda (Warrior of Zou)
- Nekomushi (Warrior of Zou)
- Inuazashi (Warrior of Zou)
We also learn that Rod Lucci’s final attack is called “Roku-shi Ki”.
The magazine gives details about 5 of the scenarios from the mode mentioned above:
- the first one sees Luffy and Law going on an adventure together in search of treasure;
- the second one sees Black Bear and Kid teaming up;
- the third one sees Fujitora and Sakazuki set out in order to eradicate all pirates;
- the fourth one sees Sanji wanting to protect Boa Hancock, but the only thing she’s interested in finding some meat for the man she loves, Luffy.
You can find a translated scan over at Shonen Gamez!
Finally, here’s a TV Commercial:
One Piece: Dai Kaizoku Colosseum (3DS) comes out on September 21st in Japan.