Today’s Nintendo news: commercial for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but also…
- Nintendo Minute
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon The Movie
- The Legend of Zelda cosplay contest @ Insomnia60
- Tool Assisted Speedruns
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Here’s a commercial for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, releasing on April 28th worldwide:
Last week, it was announced that support for Unity on the Nintendo Switch is now officially available. Right now, support is based on Ver. 5.5, with support for 5.6 (released on Friday for other platforms) coming during the 5.6.x cycle.
Naturally, developers could already use Unity to develop games for the Nintendo Switch: as a matter of fact, Snipperclips: Cut it out, together! was developed using that engine (just like Super Bomberman R).
Last week’s episode of Nintendo Minute was actually the 200th episode, and so Kit and Krysta decided to read some comments from fans to celebrate:
Hi, today is a very exciting day! This video that you’re watching right now is our 200th Nintendo Minute episode. It’s so crazy how fast time has flown by. We’re so grateful to you guys for allowing us to do this show. We wouldn’t be able to if it wasn’t for all your support so we thought we’d do a comment time video to celebrate this amazing milestone. We can’t wait to make more videos. Here’s to 200 more! Thanks so much for watching and we’ll see you next week.
-Kit & Krysta
Last week, Niantic shared a pretty interesting statistic: during the Water Festival event, players caught over 589 million Magikarp. Unfortunately, we don’t know how many of them were Shiny!
Great work, Trainers! Collectively, you caught over 589 million Magikarp during the #PokemonGO Water Festival.
— Pokémon GO is ready to #GOBattle❗ (@PokemonGoApp) March 31, 2017
Pokémon The Movie
Here’s some pictures of merchandise for Pokémon The Movie: Pokémon I Choose You!, opening on July 15th in Japan:
Source: The Pokémon Company
The Legend of Zelda cosplay contest @ Insomnia60
Nintendo will be at Insomnia60 from April 14th to April 17th, with several events and games playable. And last week, Nintendo announced there would also be a Legend of Zelda cosplay contest! Fans will be able to win a prize pack including the following:
- a The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Limited Edition with game, Master Sword of Resurrection Figurine and Sound Selection CD.
- a The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo figures collection including Link Rider amiibo, Link Archer amiibo, Zelda amiibo, Bokoblin
- amiibo, Guardian amiibo and Wolf Link amiibo.
- a First4Figures Link Figurine.
- a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Arts and Artifacts book.
- a The Legend of Zelda Canvas Bag.
You can find more details about the contest, including instructions on how to participate, on the official website!
Tool Assisted Speedruns
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun videos for Nintendo games:
- Super Metroid (NES) in 37:39.1
- Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr. (NES) in 01:22.38
- Pokémon: Yellow Version “arbitrary code execution” (GameBoy Color) in 05:48.28