The latest indie game announced for the Nintendo Switch is called NeuroVoider, and it’s a twin-stick shooter RPG (described as an “adventure of hack’n’slash rampage, with a pinch of rogue-lite, and some permadeath”). Developed by Flying Oak Games (a French studio) and published by Playdius, it will be released next month… on September 7th, to be more precise! It will cost 13.99€ / $13.99.
Set in a cyber futuristic world, NeuroVoider has quite the interesting premise: it’s all about brains shooting evil robots using nuclear rocket launchers. No less. Your goal in this game is to battle through hordes of robots, and then use their remains to upgrade your character and boost its abilities. Your ultimate mission: defeat the master NeuroVoider, and end the war.
On Nintendo Switch, NeuroVoider will be playable with a single Joy-Con (perfect for co-op!), thanks to a special mode using an auto-aim system. Of course, you can also play with both Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller, if you prefer!
Here’s the latest trailer for the game, so you can see for yourself what kind of game NeuroVoider is!
And here’s the main features + some screenshots:
- Action packed top-down shooting. May include explosions.
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players. Total coop rampage.
- Procedurally generated content and hazards. Hope you don’t mind a few game overs.
- 8736 unique enemies to blow up. Yes, we counted.
- Tons of loot to customize your character with. Explode your foes with that “double twin-plasma shotgun of father doom” you’ve just dropped.
- Gigantic bosses to challenge your bullet dodging skills
- Powerful dark synth music by Dan Terminus. May your ears survive the beat.
NeuroVoider (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 7th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Source: Playdius PR