Earlier today, we learned that online services for Minecraft: Wii U Edition would be down for maintenance tonight. If you guessed that this was for a new Software update, you were right! 4J Studios confirmed that the game would get another update tonight, the third one in less than two weeks.
Unsurprisingly, this new update for Minecraft: Wii U Edition is all about the new Battle Mini Game that was added earlier this month. It doesn’t add any features, but instead fixes various issues, make some changes, and more. Nothing really exciting, granted, but this update should at least make for a more pleasant experience.
Here’s the official patch notes for this new update:
- Battle Mini Game: Disable kicking players during Public Battle rounds. This is enabled for the host in the Lobby.
- Battle Mini Game: Disable the host exiting the game during a Battle round. This is enabled in the lobby.
- Battle Mini Game: Grace period increased to 20 seconds.
- Battle Mini Game: Changed all Poison Potions to level 2 instead of level 1.
- Battle Mini Game: All Sticks now have at least Sharpness 1.
- Battle Mini Game: Replaced the Fire Charge item with a Potion of Fire Resistance.
- Battle Mini Game: Replaced the Diamond Chestplate with an Iron Chestplate.
- Battle Mini Game: The Wooden Hoe with Fire Aspect 1 has Sharpness 1 added to it.
- Battle Mini Game: Removed the Wooden Shovel from the Centre Chests.
- Battle Mini Game: Added Sharpness 1 to the Wooden Pickaxe in the Outer Chests.
- Battle Mini Game: Added Sharpness 2 to the Wooden Shovel in the Outer Chests.
- Battle Mini Game: Fixed various areas in maps where players could get stuck.
To download this update, you have two options:
- lets the Wii U do its thing. If you have automatic downloads activated, you should have the latest version installed the next time you turn on your console;
- if not, you can always launch Minecraft: Wii U Edition from the Home Menu (not the Quick Start Menu!), in order to trigger the download manually.
Source: 4J Studios