On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Kingdom: Two Crowns on Nintendo Switch (originally released on December 11th 2018 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
Click here for more Software updates!
Kingdom: Two Crowns – Ver. ???
- Release date: August 29th (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
Balance/Quality of Life:
- On controllers, shoulder buttons now perform coin action which makes the game possible to play with one hand
- Dog AI Changes that will make the dog stick closer to the player, introduce a couple of new behaviors to help the player and improvements to make the dogs purpose clearer to the player.
- Improved color options for Blazon Editor
- Catapults should now behave better in general
- No more archers running in the air upon return to an island.
- Ghost tutorial is now less intrusive/forcing and other general fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue where grass didn’t properly grew back after winter
- Fixed issue where the scope sometimes stays on screen forever if user invokes split-screen while scope is active
- Fixed issue where the Hermits sometimes lost the ability to walk after building an upgrade
- Fixed texture color on Griffin eating bits
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to change appearance of ruler after losing crown
Please note that you will need to start a new campaign for the game to properly generate the balance changes into your Kingdom. In order to do that follow these steps:
- Allow your current game to load
- Open the menu
- Select “Campaign”
- Select a blank campaign save
- Enjoy the changes!
- Additional notes: this update also includes the Challenge Islands. Check out this page for more details about them!
- Source: Raw Fury
Kingdom: Two Crowns – Ver. 1.0.4
- Release date: April 4th 2019 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed issues with achievements “There is No Greater Ruler Than Thou”, “Their Savior” and “Never Gives Up”.
- Fixed an instance where the game could not save the progress properly thereby displaying an error prompt. Issue should now be fixed, and error prompt should
- no longer be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the host player could get a soft lock when toggling “Joinable state” to off while a client player was connecting.
- Fixed so player no longer can get stuck in opening point of game if enabling online joining if there is no internet connection.
- “Beggars” should now spawn properly even in long sessions.
- Workers and archers should now perform assigned tasks properly even in long sessions.
- Hermits will now properly board the boat if they are purchased just before the monarch boards the boat.
- Forge now spawns as designed.
- Crown status in multiplayer sessions will now persists across islands.
- Tools such as the scythes should no longer bounce around for client players.
- Fix for Shogun Kirin mount turning into unicorn mount when switching islands.
- Client player should no longer get stuck in loading screen if accepting an invite from a host player in the tutorial.
- Thickets should now spawn properly.
- Fixed so that in-game music does not play over credits music when viewing credits.
- Lowered the coin price of the ninja.
- Doubled the amount of hits the ninja can take.
- Doubled the amount of attacks pikemen can do.
- Adjusted speed of crown stealer so that they now stay with the pack of greed instead of running ahead.
- Added Wharf Bell to the boat docks which allows the player to manually call citizens to the boat. Removing the feature that citizens are called to the boat as soon as it’s put in the water.
- Changed the notification of the crown stealer spawn.
In order to experience BALANCE changes you will need to start a new campaign.
- Nintendo Switch specific patch notes:
- Hunting during winter: While the smaller animals go into winter hibernation, there’s other animals that suddenly appear as the snow starts falling on the ground. But beware that you must first find this menacing animal deep in the forest, and once confronted it’s much tougher than the regular small game that roamed outside the walls of your kingdom during spring, summer and autumn.
- Foraging during winter: Since the farms can’t harvest during winter, the Farmers have discovered foraging to bring in a bit of extra income. It’s not much but every bit helps.
- Shinobi: Who says being a stealth warrior at night is all we’re good for?! During long nights of waiting in ambush the Shinobi came up with a brilliant way to pass time during the day instead of just sleeping.
- Introducing the Gem Chest: Those gems sure are a heavy burden to carry around while you explore for valuable upgrades to use gems on. Now you can lighten your purse and store the gems in a stone chest. This appears by the Wharf once you’ve upgraded your Kingdom to a Stone Castle. Storing gems is a costly business, so it won’t be free for the Monarch to offload those precious gems.
- Other updates: In addition to the above there’s also fixes and changes such as an upgrade to the Stable to make switch Steeds more affordable, improving appearance of shops on the edge of your kingdom walls as you expand, and optimisation of save data compression, to mention a few. We have also included Brazilian-Portuguese as a language option and improved the Russian text.
- Switching steeds in the stable is now more affordable.
- Improved appearance of shops on the edge of your kingdom walls as you expand.
- Forge now spawns correctly.
- Added failsafe for rogue hermits which could cause it to become impossible to travel away from islands as the game was waiting for a hermit who never spawned to board the boat.
- Improved Russian language option.
- Optimized save data compression. This should prevent the save data to become too large which was the cause of the save issues.
- Fixed graphical biome issue.
Kingdom: Two Crowns – Ver. 1.0.3
- Release date: January 14th 2019 (North America, Europe) / January 15th 2019 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
Fixed an issue involving the Stables and multiplayer games (aka Steed Save Corruption) – this will also patch affected save data, so you shouldn’t need to restart your campaign
Added a fix for corrupted, almost empty save data, that was sometimes caused by having a connection attempt fail with very particular timing
Fixed an issue that caused pikemen to fish double money when in an online game
Fixed an issue that caused the bow and hammer shops to be unusable by the client, if they joined after the scythe shop had been placed
Fixed that hermits would wander outside of the kingdom, searching for a place to stand, to their eventual demise
Fixed that workers would also wander outside of the walls during greed attacks
Fixed an unlock requirement for the ‘There is No Greater Ruler Than Thou’ achievement
Fixed an issue where swapping steeds spawned by the Stables repeatedly in an online game could cause ridden steeds to move independently
Fixed an issue with having hermits as passengers when a remote client pays to embark on the boat
Buffed the ninja, and reduced the hire cost
Reduced a few steeds’ ride costs (Bear, Stamina Horse, Unicorn/Kirin, Lizard and Warhorse)
Added a way for players to manually dismount their hermit passengers (flip back and forth rapidly to expel unwanted hermits)
Updated the credits
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Raw Fury (Reddit)
How to download updates for Kingdom: Two Crowns for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Kingdom: Two Crowns on Nintendo Switch, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game’s icon in the Home Menu and press – or + to get to the options screen. The version number is displayed below the title.