Last week, Nintendo announced the Nintendo Girls Game Museum, a special event where women will be able to try out various games on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. There will also be an Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer presentation, goodies for those who try out the games, and even items on sale.
This is part of major marketing campaign from Nintendo, targetting women. During a previous meeting with investors, Satoru Iwata did mention that the key to fully revitalise the Nintendo 3DS market in Japan was to appeal to an even broader range of female players than before.
And today, the company opened a special website called “Nintendo 3DS for Girls“. It showcases some Nintendo 3DS games that female players might be interested in:
– Rhythm Heaven: The Best+
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf
– Girls Mode 3: KiraKira Code
– Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken
– Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale
But that’s not all! The website also shows some of the cover plates available for the New Nintendo 3DS… including two models which haven’t been released yet. In fact, the only way to get one of those right now is to buy one of the two New Nintendo 3DS bundles. They both cost 16 990 Yen (without taxes, as opposed to 16 000 Yen without taxes for a regular New Nintendo 3DS), and they include:
– a New Nintendo 3DS console (white)
– an exclusive cover plate (Madras Check and Pastel Dot)
– an AC Adapter
Unfortunately, it looks like those two bundles are retailer-exclusives:
– Madras Check bundle: Yamada Denki (can be bought online), available today
– Pastel Dot bundle: Aeon Stores, available from July 30th
Here’s a picture of the bundle and the cover plates:
Unfortunately, we don’t know if these bundles will ever be sold in Europe. Also, it’s currently unclear whether the cover plates will be sold separately at a later date, but the two bundles will only be available in limited quantities.