Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk is the title of the latest entry in the Jake Hunter series (known as Tantei Jinguuji Saburou in Japan), and it will be released on August 31st in Japan, on Nintendo 3DS. Thanks to the product page on Amazon.co.jp, we now have a few additional details and pictures for the game, including the illustration to be used for the cover.
As indicated by the list of voice actors below, Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk will be voiced. Unfortunately, it looks like it’s only for the various cutscenes / event scenes, with the various characters remaining “silent” for the rest of the game.
Here’s the list of characters / voice actors:
- Jinguuji Saburou / Jake Hunter (voiced by Juurouta Kosugi)
- Yokou Misono (voiced by Mamiko Noto)
- Sanzou Kumano (voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki)
- Daigo Kaga (voiced by Seiichirou Yamashita)
- Satomi (voiced by Konomi Kohara)
Also, it was revealed that the one and only Katsuya Terada (chara-designer and illustrator for the series) is the one who created the illustration to be used for the boxart (that you can find below).
As far as content goes, Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk will have quite a lot to offer:
- a full case (the largest case for the series)
- 4 short stories (“refined” version of the cases from the mobile game, that’s not playable anymore due to the service being discontinued)
- “Mystery Case Book” series, with a comedy spin à la Jake Hunter Unleashed
Finally, Amazon reveals two early purchase bonuses:
- a Nintendo 3DS Theme featuring the three main characters
- a download code for Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Yokohama-kou Renzoku Satsujin Jiken (Jake Hunter: Yokohama Port Serial Murder Mystery), originally released on the Famicom
Here’s the illustration mentioned above and a few screenshots:
Jaker Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk (3DS) will be released on August 31st in Japan.