Following the reveal last week, in Famitsu magazine, Flyhigh Works has shared more details and screenshots for Implosion, the second Rayark game to hit the Nintendo Switch.
Let’s start with a reminder about the story:
Twenty years after the fall of Earth, the remnants of the Human race are once again faced with extinction. The time has come to justify our existence. A mysterious life form known as the XADA squares off against humanity’s last weapon – the War-Mech series III battle suit.
A vast arsenal of super-tech weaponry at your disposal, upgradable via the streamlined ARK Kernel system. Become the ultimate fusion of Man and Machine. Ensure the survival of the species.
As mentioned in the previous post, the gameplay is centered around two types of attacks:
- Y button for multiple shots (do not deal much damage at once, but allows you to fire quickly and continuously);
- X for heavy shots (deals lots of damage at once).
Here’s several examples of (rather simple) combos:
Depending on the number of regular shots, you will get a different type of heavy shot. Finding the right timing and combos for your heavy shots is going to be key to defeat the strongest of enemies in the game.
As mentioned above, the War-Mech series III battle suit (or WM – III for short) can be equipped with up to 7 different ARKs, that you earn by clearing stages, or as drops from enemies. There’s four different types of ARKs:
- α (alpha): powers up attack systems
- β (beta): powers up defense systems
- γ (gamma): powers up sub-parameters
- λ (lambda): powers up skills
Finally, here’s the various characters found in the game:
- Jake (CV: Kaito Ishikawa). Pilot of the “Avalon”, one of IVONIX’s WM-III. He’s usually pretty calm, but sometimes, his nervousness shows up. His uncle is a man named Jonathan, who raised him when he was a kid. Jonathan’s whereabouts are unknown, but he strongly believes he’s still alive, somewhere;
- Diana (CV: Asami Seto). Pilot of the Crimson, one of IVONIX’s WM-III. She assists Jake in his mission. Along with Jake, she hopped on board the Nightwing, and has arrived on Earth. She used to be part of a group of mercenaries, that lived on Gaia;
- Zoe (CV: Yurika Endou). She’s in charge of communications for the mission on Earth. She’s helped Avalon a great deal. She’s a pretty cheerful person, full of enthusiasm. She’s done quite a lot of missions with Diana, who is an old friend of hers;
- Napoléon (CV: Hiroki Yasumoto). Pilot a WM-II machine. His fighting abilities are without pair, just like his knowledge about XADA. He fought alongside Jonathan in the war against the XADA, 20 years ago. Following that war, he asked Jonatha to take care of Jake and his sister;
- Jonathan (CV: Kenjiro Tsuda). Pilot a WM-II machine. He’s Jake’s uncle, and he took him under his wing after his parents died. Jake lived with him until he was 17 years old. When manking had to flee Earth, he left Jake in Napoléon’s care, and kept his fight against the XADA. After that, they lost communications with him, and everyone thought he died during his mission.
About the WM-III mentioned above, they’re battle suits developed to combat XADA, mysterious life forms that threatens the very survival of the human species. It’s not something operated from within (like a mecha, for example); instead, the pilot’s consciousness is directly injected inside, and they pilot it from a distance.
At the end of each chapter, there’s a powerful XADA boss for you to defeat. They’re a lot tougher than regular enemies, and you will need to use every trick in the book to kill them.
Finally, here’s plenty of screenshots and artworks for the game:
Implosion (Switch – eShop) will be released in July, worldwide.