Surprise! Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is now available on Nintendo Switch! No, this is not a drill or a mean joke: the game is indeed available from the Nintendo eShop as of writing. It costs 13.99€ / $14.99.
But that’s not the only Guacamelee-related announcement that was made today. PopAgenda (who ported the first game) announced that they are also working on bringing Guacamelee! 2 to the Nintendo Switch. The best part? It’s also available now on the Nintendo eShop… or rather, will be in a couple of months, in December (the exact date is still TBA). There will be a special discount for players who own Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition on Nintendo Switch.
While we wait for further details about Guacamelee! 2 on Nintendo Switch, here’s a trailer, some details and some screenshots for Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition:
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. Get ready for…
- Non-Stop Fighting Action: An extensive move list, including ‘Intenso’ and The Rooster Uppercut
- Multi-dimensional Platforming. Swap between the Worlds of the Living and the Dead
- Combat moves that double as movement
- A diverse world featuring lively towns, dark forests and fiery volcanoes
- Drop in/out 4-Player local co-op
- Multiple boss characters, a wide range of foes, and new elite-class enemies
- Vibrant costumes that change both player appearance and attributes
Guacamelee! 2 (Switch – eShop) comes out in December in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!