505 Games have announed their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Grow: Song of the Evertree, a “breathtaking world-crafting sandbox with life management and exploration elements” developed by Prideful Sloth. It will feature music composed by Kevin Penkin (that anime fans know as the composer of Made in Abyss and Tower of God) It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Grow: Song of the Evertree follows the cozy gaming movement and is a breathtaking world-crafting sandbox with life management and exploration elements. Players are introduced to the once vibrant and colorful world of Alaria, abandoned and overrun by the mysterious Withering. Over time, Alaria has faded and the magnificent Evertree – whose many worlds once resided on its countless branches – is now nothing more than a sapling with its splendor long erased from memory.
“With Grow we wanted to create a game that gave the player a sense of adding to the world, rather than taking away from it. This world is a giant garden, a place where you can tend and care for it, guiding it in the direction you wish it to grow,” said Cheryl Vance, Game Designer at Prideful Sloth. “We give you the ability to craft and customise your game experience; to let you determine the pace in which you do it. If you find a cave and get sidetracked from your current objective, that’s ok! If you want to befriend as many critters as you can, that’s ok, too. You are encouraged to play the way you want to, without penalty or pressure.”
As Everheart Alchemists, players will learn how to nurture, care for, and grow new and unique worlds within the branches of the Evertree. As the old inhabitants return and life begins to blossom, players will be able to meet them, learn their stories, and create a dream town to nurture a blooming community.
- Discover a Vibrant Unique World… at Your Own Pace. Find unique places, blooming with fantastic fauna and flora as you are encouraged to explore this beautiful world at your own pace. How do you want to spend your time? Exploring caves and solving puzzles, collecting minerals and flowers, fishing, catching bugs or talking to people… it’s up to you!
- Grow Your Own Worlds! Learn to craft World Seeds through Alchemy to generate totally new worlds with unique characteristics. Tend those worlds to rejuvenate them and see how they change and watch as new properties emerge before your very eyes! You can generate unique meadows, deserts, frozen worlds and… oh, well… Alchemy is not an exact science, some seeds may contain unexpected surprises.
- Meet New People and Create A Community! Get to know interesting and unique characters, listen to their stories, and help them when they need it. You can make them happier by finding a place for them to stay, helping them land their dream job, or gifting them accessories and decorations.
- Build the Town of Your Dreams. Grow offers an impressive catalogue of the cutest buildings and structures to create the town you want. Place them freely and customize them to make sure it feels like home!
- A Beautiful Soundtrack. Enjoy music by games and anime composer, Kevin Penkin. Kevin’s glorious soundtracks have been nominated for a BAFTA award for ‘Florence’, and won Crunchyroll Awards for ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Tower of God’
- Mystery! Ruins, caves, secret areas… explore and unveil the long-lost knowledge of the Evertree by accessing its very heart.
Grow: Song of the Evertree (Switch) does not have a release date yet, but is slated for a 2021 release in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: 505 Games PR