Looking for a golf game on the Nintendo Switch, but not interested in something too “traditional”? Then Sidebar Games has the perfect game for you: Golf Story.
In this game, you play as golfer who has just one, final shot at accomplishing his dream, and is basically forced to give up all that he holds dear for it. The thing is, to become the best golf player, simply playing better than your competitiors isn’t enough: you also need to be able to keep up with them off the course.
Here’s the main features:
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.
Intrigued? Here’s the debut trailer for Golf Story, so that you can see what the game looks like:
And here’s some screenshots:
As you can see, Golf Story clearly isn’t your run-of-the-mill golf game. If you ever thought that golf + RPG was a good combination, this is definitely a game to look forward to!
Golf Story (Switch – eShop) will be released this Summer in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Source: official website