In this post, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Gear.Club Unlimited 2 on Nintendo Switch (originally released on December 4th 2018 in Europe and North America, and December 13th 2018 in Japan).
How to download updates for Gear.Club Unlimited 2 for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Gear.Club Unlimited 2, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Gear.Club Unlimited 2 – Ver. 1.4.0
- Release date: June 6th 2019 (North America, Europe) / ??? 2019 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- New camera view:
- On top of the three current camera angles available in the game, discover the new breathtaking “bumper” view, specially added in this update for a more immersive driving experience!
- New radio stations:
- Many players requested more variety in the soundtrack and we heard them! It will now be possible to listen to the radio and even to change it while racing. Two radios are also added to the game; Rock and Electro, alongside a third one called Shuffle, which is a mix of both!
- New horn feature:
- 16 horns are now available. You will have the choice between the Cucaracha, the Train, the Cavalry and many more!
- Race-eligible cars are now displayed in the selection screen before starting a race. Car models available to purchase and improve are also highlighted in this menu.
- The AI trajectory has been revamped, offering a better adaptation to player’s behaviour.
- It is now possible to change your driving style in the “Career” mode (Arcade or Simulation). Swapping between those two will also be possible during the race.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Microids PR
Gear.Club Unlimited 2 – Ver. 1.3.0
- Release date: March 22nd 2019 (North America, Europe) / May 23rd, 2019 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Synchronous online multiplayer offers random matchmaking up to 8 players – requires subscription toNintendo Switch Online
- Improved loading times
- Improved fluidity of camera in the Performance Shop
- Improved fluidity in Car Dealers
- Navigation between the different events in the League have been improved
- New loading screens (more illustrations and tips)
- Club tags are now visible in online multiplayer races•
- It is now possible to randomly choose a circuit or championship in splitscreen multiplayer
- During a race on a checkpoint, the time difference with the #1 is displayed in addition to the time of passage. In case you are #1, distance will be displayed with #2 ranked player
- New wrapping of the end-of-race leaderboard screens (animated and themed background related to the race environment)
- Features added on the screens at the beginning of races:
- New introductory camera
- Purpose of the race
- Race type
- Name of the race
- Added the rank “#1 +” in the championship leaderboard when the player finished all races of a championship by being first.
- It is now possible to restart a championship from the beginning when it is in progress (by pressing X in the championship menu)
- Improvement of the sound on different screens and menus
- Adding credits
- Added the choice of country flag that will be visible in the end-of-race leaderboards as well as in the online multiplayer menus
- Invisible barriers that may be present on traffic circles
- League screen that remains displayed during a race
- Infinite loading screen in league
- Colored stickers that became black
- Bug that could influence the position on the starting grid
- Fixed minor bugs
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Microids (Twitter)