Final Fantasy Explorers comes out next week in Europe and North America (on January 29th and 26th, respectively), and today, Square-Enix uploaded a new trailer for the game. This one focuses on the Legacy of the Final Fantasy series, with:
- the monsters to recruit, summon, and level up, so that they can fight by your sides in Single Player (or multiplayer if there’s not enough players);
- the classic Final Fantasy characters you can transform into;
- the Eidolons to battle.
Here’s an infographics for the classic Final Fantasy characters:
Here’s details on the 11 classic Final Fantasy characters and their special moves:
- Cecil (Final Fantasy IV) – Special Move: Soul Shift. Slam foes with darkness, before slashing them with a cross of light.
- Bartz (Final Fantasy V) – Special Move: Master Mime. A powerful combo that changes elements with each blow.
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X) – Special Move: Blitz Ace. Deliver a flurry of attacks before a dazzling final strike.
- Squall (Final Fantasy VIII) – Special Move: Lion Heart. Use a unique blade to deliver a glorious combo.
- Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) – Special Move: Omnislash. Cleave enemies with a blinding flurry of slashes.
- Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2) – Special Move: Great Whirl. A powerful non-elemental attack inflicting multiple hits.
- Terra (Final Fantasy VI) – Special Move: Riot Blade. Fire a blast of magic in the form of sharp blades.
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII) – Special Move: Luminescence. Launch breams of light from an energy sphere.
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) – Special Move: Gestalt Drive. A powerful combo that Pump bullets into foes before you charge in and finish them.
- Aerith (Final Fantasy VII) – Special Move: Great Gospel. Completely heals all allies HP and status ailments.
Finally, here’s the latest trailer for Final Fantasy Explorers:
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) comes out on January 26th in North America, and January 29th in Europe. It can already be pre-purchased from the Nintendo eShop, in Europe.