You’ve probably played a fair number of Metroidvania-style games, but did any of them feature fishbowl-powered medieval robots? No? Well, that’s too bad. Because Feudal Alloy does!
Feudal Alloy is a metroidvania-style action RPG with fishbowl-powered medieval robots. It lets you explore an unusual (understatement!) medieval world, with many kinds of mechanical creatures for you to smash up using various combat techniques and skills. When you want to take a break from your mechanical chaos, you can talk to the inhabitants via unique animated branching dialogues.
The most impressive part? The whole game (all game design, programming, art and animations, level design, story and dialogues… basically, everything except the music and some sound effects) is being made by a two-member team at Attu Games, who first released Toby: The Secret Mine (already available on Wii U).
Here’s a trailer, some pictures, and the list of key features for Feudal Alloy:
- Attu is an ordinary farmer robot who lives in a small cottage in the sunflower fields. He has been living a simple but pleasant life until a bunch of outlaws attacked the village, stole their oil supplies and burnt his house. Fortunately he managed to grab his old sword and fled into the woods.
- Fishbowl-powered medieval robots!.
- Dynamic action-combat system with swords, grenades, dodges and other special attack moves.
- A lot of different equipment that change both player appearance and attributes
- A unique dialogue system – animated bubbles.
- A huge, interconnected world to explore, filled with wide range of enemies, bosses and side quests.
- Varied hand-drawn environments.
- Loot, a lot of loot!.
- Hidden collectibles.
- Secret areas.
Feudal Alloy (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q3 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Attu Games PR / Official website