On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Exit The Gungeon on Nintendo Switch (originally released on March 17th 2020 in Europe and North America, and March 19th 2020 Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Exit The Gungeon – Ver. ??? (Hello to Arms Update)
- Release date: November 13th 2020 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- List of changes:
This update adds the following:
- new guns and items
- new Arsenal Mod: a new toggleable game mode in which weapons will be available as loot as well as for purchase in shops. Any number of these weapons can be held in addition to the Blessed gun, and can be used at any time. These additional carried guns have limited ammunition, which can be replenished by finding ammo pickups (exclusively in Arsenal Mode). This mode was designed to be more reminiscent of Enter the Gungeon’s gun management.
- new Shop Hubs: Bello’s shop has been expanded and now can be accessed twice per floor, allowing players more choice over when and how to spend their currency. This shop replaces the normal mid-floor room, in addition to its normal appearance after the boss. The shop has several doors to optional combat and NPC rooms that can be explored for loot or skipped. This should result in an overall increase in itemization for players who explore all rooms, as well as providing a source for weapon drops when playing in Arsenal Mode.
- A new optional boss, the Glocktopus
- A new NPC, the Ledge Goblin, and her minigame
- As is tradition, several new guns and items
- You can now pet the dog
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Dodge Roll Games (Twitter)
How to download updates for Exit The Gungeon for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Exit The Gungeon, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.