Yesterday, Atlus USA revealed a brand new trailer for Etrian Mystery Dungeon (with the Wanderer). But that’s not all: the company also announced that the game would get the free DLC in North America. Just like in Japan, it will be free for roughly a month (until May 5th): after that date, players will have to pay to get it.
There’s two kinds of quests: the first one allows you to unlock special recipes for meals, prepared by Niralda in the Amber Cafe. You can then purchase them and use them to get special buffs for your characters (which last until they leave the dungeon). To get those recipes, you need to find an adventurer lost in one of the dungeons.
Those quests are:
- Find a Wanderer for me! Find the master chef Wanderer to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
- Find a Princess for me! Find the stray Sovereign to unlock a meal fit for a king in the Amber Restaurant! ($1.99)
- Find a Landsknecht for me! Find the adventurous Landsknecht to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
The other two quests can be done as many time as you like:
- Know the Red Pookas? Slay a Red Pooka wandering around the dungeon to receive a Golden or White potion for extra experience! ($1.99)
- Slay the Gold Guardian! Defeat an elusive Gold Guardian in the dungeon to receive a Nugget of Gold fragment for extra gold! ($1.49)
Finally, Atlus USA is going to release a special Etrian Mystery Dungeon theme on March 31st (only in North America for now). It will cost 0.99$, and come with scrolling character art (both in 2D and 3D), custom folder design and the Etrian Mystery Dungeon main theme.
Here’s a video preview of the theme:
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) comes out on April 7th in North America.
Source: Atlus PR