Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Unto The End
- Towaga: Among the Shadows
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
Gearbox have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour. It will be released on June 23rd in Europe and North America, and is now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop for $4.99 (regular price from launch: $9.99).
This version of the game will feature the following:
- motion aiming and kicking,
- online multiplayer, both competitive and campaign co-op,
- actually, “online multiplayer” means online, LAN or ad-hoc,
- HD Rumble,
- performance on par with other “big” consoles,
- full content.
Here’s the trailer for the game:
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (Switch – eShop) comes out on June 23rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: SONKA PR
Unto The End
Here’s a Developer Spotlight video for Unto The End, along with some more details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Unto The End is a hand-crafted cinematic platformer about a desperate journey home. Master combat through improvisation and observation in intense sword fights. Spot opportunities to use artifacts and trade items. An adventure told through your actions, how will you make it home?
- Read-React Combat: One of a kind combat system focused on skill and mastery, designed and built from the ground up specifically for 2D. Fight intelligently and strike tactically with your sword and range weapons in fierce one-on-one and group battles
- Handcrafted Encounters: The adventure unfolds through carefully crafted encounters, each featuring intelligent, worthy opponents, all with their own motivations and place in the world
- Player-Skill Focused: A challenging single-player experience with minimal handholding. All the father’s abilities are available from the outset and mastery of those skills, as well as keen observation of your surroundings, are key to survival and success
- Unforgiving Terrain: From cavernous underground ruins to harsh mountain peaks, overcome environmental challenges and deadly traps as you travel through a world of meticulously crafted landscapes
Unto The End (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Big Sugar PR
Towaga: Among Shadows
Here’s a trailer, some more details, and the list of key features for the game:
In Towaga: Among Shadows players take on the role of Chimù who needs to harness the power of light to save his island from the nefarious Metnal the Voidmonger and his Legion of Darkness. This plays out in a unique take on the twin-stick shooter where ground-based combat sees you planted in a fixed position, aiming an endless beam of light to vaporize your opponents. Take to the skies, however, and you’ll have full control over Chimu as you fly between opponents.
Explore an enchanted land with graphics and cinematics inspired by animation great Genndy Tartakovsky, all the while enjoying an immersive soundtrack accompanying your every move in this mystical world where defeat is simply not an option.
As you battle through more than 70 unique stages you’ll unlock new spells, gear, outfits and lore diaries. Gain XP to to deal more damage, increase your magic potency, and expand your HP. Towaga: Among Shadows includes four single-player game modes, including the narrative-based Story Mode, bite-sized Trial challenges, and Endless Mode where you survive as long as you can to attain a high high-score. With over 60 unlockables, 50 Achievements, and online leaderboards, there’s always something to come back to in Towaga: Among Shadows. Will you be the one to vanquish the shadows and return peace to the island?
- Immersive 2D graphics
- Intense modes made for scoring
- Challenging difficulty
- Local multiplayer mode
- Items, relics and spells to unlock
- Various game modes
- Mysterious back-story
- Original blend between genres
Towaga: Among Shadows (Switch – eShop) comes out on June 25th in Europe and North America.
Source: Noodlecake Studios PR
Here’s some more details and the list of key features for Spitlings:
Once You Spit, You Can’t Quit! Spitlings is a chaotic action arcade game for one to four players. It puts you in control of the titular Spitlings: charming rectangular creatures with teeth they can spit at bubbles or use to jump! Your goal is simple, but hard to achieve: Get rid of all the bubbles bouncing around the screen! Prepare for intense moments and a lot of shouting, as you and your friends will beat level after level by the spit, uhm, skin of your teeth. Always keep an eye on your limited supply while you jump out of the way of the bouncy bubbles and try to split them. Beat the time challenge of each level to unlock its harder B-side version, plus even more playable Spitlings and color themes!
- Classic hardcore gameplay meets modern design sensibility
- Play by yourself or with up to 4 people in co-op
- Action-packed, highly engaging, scream-at-your-friends multiplayer fun
- If one fails, all restart: It‘s co-op with all the outrage of versus on top!
- Play 100+ levels and beat the clock to unlock the challenging B-side versions
- Unlock 70+ themes and 100 playable Spitlings in the story campaign
- Experience the story through carefully crafted interactive comic strips
- Increase the chaos with the mutators in party mode
Spitlings (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: HandyGames PR