Today’s Nintendo eShop news: The Girl from Arkanya announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Last Days of Lazarus
- RetroMania Wrestling
- Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break
- Red Wings: Aces of the Sky
The Girl from Arkanya
Arkanya Games have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: The Girl from Arkanya, a top-down 2D action-adventure game inspired by classic The Legend of Zelda games. The Kickstarter campaign was launched earlier this week, and the base goal has already been reached with $13 304 pledged. There’s already several stretchgoals:
- $12 500 – Couch co-op mode. Connect a second controller and have a friend play as Kapi! Additionally, Kapi will gain new abilities in multiplayer!
- $15 000 – Dialogue portraits. All characters will be given 64 x 64px portraits during dialogue, improving the story experience!
- $22 000 – Pixel art cutscenes. Simple yet beautiful scenes during major events to help fully immerse you in the land of Arkanya!
Click here to check out the Kickstarter page for the game!
Here’s the Kickstarter trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
The Girl from Arkanya is the tale of Marisa, an aspiring young adventurer with her sights set on becoming the world’s greatest treasure hunter! Accompanied by her capybara companion, both characters have to work together in creative ways to solve puzzles and challenges. Mimicking the style and feel of 2D Zelda games, The Girl from Arkanya is a love letter to a classic period of gaming with a treasure hunting twist!
The Girl from Arkanya takes a proven formula and expands upon it. The beginning of the game will feel very familiar to fans of the top-down action RPG genre, but the game quickly changes as the player is tasked with controlling not one, but two characters! Once Marisa meets Kapi, he will follow behind Marisa for the rest of her journey, and the player may take control of him at any time! Marisa can also push, pull, carry, and throw her rodent companion, which will help her solve challenges she will face along the way.
The year is 1167 A.D., and the port city of Arkanya is fast becoming the jewel of the Holy Roman Empire. A bustling city built by the hands of explorers, farmers, and merchants, trouble is on the horizon – the Marajoaran tribe, which once peacefully lived alongside the people of Arkanya, has vanished into the wilds without a word. To the North, the forces of Aztlan wage a desperate war against the conquistadors of Castille. To further complicate matters, the weather has become strangely chaotic and violent, disrupting life within Arkanya’s walls.
The wilds of Amazonia can be cruel and unforgiving, and treasure hunting is a game of risk vs. reward! The player will collect valuable gems and artifacts from the jungle, which can be traded to Renzo de Rocco, Arkanya’s esteemed collector of exotic goods. In exchange, she can acquire wealth, better gear, and even decorations and furniture for her very own clubhouse!
- Gorgeous retro pixel art graphics
- A huge expansive world to explore, with 8 dungeons and 10 regions
- Novel and creative puzzles and situations making use of the dual-character system
- 36 unique items and hundreds of treasures
- Item upgrade chains and item combos
- Many collectable outfits for Marisa and her capybara
- An upgradeable clubhouse which certain NPCs can be recruited to
The Girl from Arkanya (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Arkanya Games PR
Last Days of Lazarus
GrimTalin have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Last Days of Lazarus, a horror game developed by Darkania Works.
No release date yet, but here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Set in a post-soviet Eastern Europe, Last Days of Lazarus tells the story of a troubled man returning to his childhood home after his mother’s death to spend some time with his sister, Lyudmila. But as the country around him starts to fall apart, so does reality itself, resulting in a series of unexplainable events that lead him on a quest to find out more about his family’s disturbing past.
Last Days of Lazarus is a first-person adventure game with a strong narrative and rich visuals, drawing its inspiration from the post soviet era with a Gothic vibe and supernatural elements. As the story unravels, you’ll meet questionable characters whose corrupted version of the truth may be difficult to navigate. With a troubled past yourself, you’ll struggle not only with solving the mysteries laid upon you but also with keeping any sliver of hope for salvation alive.
- Relive the post-soviet Eastern European era in a bone-chilling setup
- Experience an enthralling story about death, suffering, spirituality, and politics, where a disturbing plot merges with unexpected twists
- Follow two additional narrative paths, each with different characters, story and places to explore
- Visit diverse and stunning environments inspired by the Eastern Mysticism and the idyllic Romanian scenery, with dread and gore playing the counterbalancing role
Last Days of Lazarus (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: GrimTalin PR
Here’s the latest FAQ video for RetroMania Wrestling:
RetroMania Wrestling (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the second Dev Diary video for Volta-X:
Volta-X (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 12th in Europe and North America.
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break
Starting today, Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break is available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop in Japan for 2 992 Yen (regular price from launch: 3 740 Yen). It requires 2.4GB of free space, and as previously announced, this version does offer an English language option.
Here’s some more screenshots for the game:
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 20th in Japan.
Red Wings: Aces of the Sky
Here’s the trailer for the Versus Update for Red Wings: Aces of the Sky, now available for download:
Attention all Pilots! The Versus Update has landed! The update introduces a brand new Versus Mode with three match types (Hide N’ Seek, Time Battle, and Score Battle), new battleground (Mossy Volcano), new planes and skins (Etrich Taube and Bristol M1), and much more! Watch the Red Wings: Aces of the Sky Versus Update trailer and experience thrilling aerial fights! Take to the skies over the Great War and pilot warplanes of the Entente Powers and the Triple Alliance on your screen. Try your deadly aim and become a true ace of the sky!
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!