Today’s Nintendo eShop news: release date for Even The Ocean, but also…
- Total Arcade Racing
- Boomerang Fu
Even The Ocean
Ratalaika Games have announced that Even The Ocean will be released on August 21st in Europe and North America. It will cost 14.99€ / £14.99 / $19.99.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
From the creators of the Anodyne series comes a grand story about Aliph, a lowly power plant technician for Whiteforge City, who finds her world turned upside-down after a routine maintenance trip goes awry. Now, working directly with Whiteforge’s Mayor Biggs to face an unknown menace, Aliph must navigate her newfound power and influence to save the city.
Even The Ocean is a platform action game that integrates narrative elements of visual novel, as well as role-playing game exploration mechanics. Discover a beautiful fantasy world, while encountering a vast sea of unique characters adventuring through 2d levels and top-down maps. Aliph’s identities, environmental issues and the world’s fate all hang in the balance of Light and Dark energies.
- Utilize both Light and Dark energies to overcome diverse obstacles and stabilize the city.
- Meet new friends, allies, and enigmatic travelers.
- Explore the beautiful and strange geography in the diverse environments surrounding Whiteforge City.
- Customization of difficulties and play styles: choose between Complete, Story-only, or Gameplay only options for a unique experience each time.
Even The Ocean (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 21st in Europe and North America.
Source: Ratalaika Games PR
Stray Fawn Studio have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Niche, a genetics survival game. It will be released on September 3rd in Europe and North America, and pre-orders are already live on the Nintendo eShop.
Here’s an old trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Niche is a colourful genetic survival game about selectively breeding and evolving an adorable species of creatures to keep them alive against all odds, such as hungry predators, climate change and sickness. Combining turn-based strategies with simulation and roguelike elements, the game provides tons of different approaches to survive in the harsh environment.
Stray Fawn Studio’s game designer Philomena Schwab always had a strong affinity for biology and even struggled for a time to decide whether she wanted to pursue that field or game design. As a result, she decided to create Niche, a game about population genetics with a mating system based on real gene science, featuring mutation, dominant/recessive/codominant heredity and much more.
- Living, dynamic and vibrant world to test the player’s survival skills
- A breeding system based on real genetics – Learn about the scientific mechanics of genetics while experimenting with the game
- Featuring the five pillars of population genetics (genetic drift, genetic flow, mutation, natural selection, sexual selection).
- Introduces the scientific mechanics of genetics as game mechanics to be learned through play (featuring dominant-recessive, co-dominant inheritance, etc)
- Over 100 genes to shape species! Shape your own species using real animals DNA, yes, even a green cat-dog-fox-platypus if you wish!
- Procedurally generated worlds and animals
- Five biomes featuring different predators, prey and flora to explore
- Roguelike elements – If the player’s species goes extinct, the game is lost and the cycle begins anew.
Niche (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 3rd in Europe and North America.
Source: Stray Fawn Studio PR
Total Arcade Racing
Here’s some more details and an updated list of key features for Total Arcade Racing:
Total Arcade Racing is a fun 2D top-down arcade racing game where you zip around closed circuits. This game is a tribute to the old classical top-down arcade racing games like Super Sprint, Slicks ‘n’ Slide and Super Cars. Play with 8 friends on the same screen in various game modes.
- 5 cars with different performance and handling (more will be included in the final version)
- 5 Courses (more will be included in the final version)
- 5 game modes (Arcade Race, Time trial, Endless race, Demolition derby and Survivor)
- Local multiplayer with support for 8 players. Max 4 on a single keyboard
- Global Leaderboard support
- Local ghost car replay of best time
Total Arcade Racing (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the launch trailer for Boomerang Fu, now available in Europe and North America:
Boomerang Fu (Switch) comes out on August 20th in Japan.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!