On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Nintendo Switch (originally released on December 20th 2018 in Japan, and July 12th 2019 in Europe and North America).
NB: since this page was created on July 12th 2019, it only lists updates released from that date onwards.
Click here for more Software updates!
Dragon Quest Builders 2 – Ver. 1.6.1
- Release date: July 12th 2019 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- New DLC has been released.
- A new item has been added – “cast iron door”.
- The number of items that can be dyed has been increased.
- The bag’s capacity has been increased.
- The capacity of certain storage items (chests of drawers, wardrobes, armoires etc.) has been increased.
- A “shallow mode” has been added to the upgraded bottomless pot.
- A password feature has been added to the Buildertopia search that allows you to recreate islands you’ve visited.
- Islanders recruited on Explorer’s Shores can now be renamed.
- The Millennium Buggy Buggy’s lights can now be switched on and off once the game has been completed.
- Friendly golem-type monsters can now be ridden.
- The icon size feature now also applies to icons used during combat.
- The stability of the game controls has been improved.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Nintendo
How to download updates for Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Dragon Quest Builders 2, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.