It’s not just indies that are busy announcing games for the Nintendo Switch: even bigger developers/publishers also have their own announcements. And today, it’s Arc System Works that made one: Double Dragon IV, the latest entry in the legendary beat ’em up series (released to celebrate its 30th Anniversary), is headed to the Nintendo Switch pretty soon… next week in fact, on September 7th!
Here’s a trailer introducing the game:
Set after the events of Double Dragon II, Double Dragon IV features several game modes:
- Story Mode: the main mode, playable with Bill and Jimmy. You can play with a friend in local co-op if you want, and by clearing the game, you can unlock new characters to play as thanks to Tower Mode;
- 2P Duel Mode: play against a friend in this mode, with characters unlocked via the Story Mode. You can play as pretty much any enemy character in the game… even enemies!
- Tower Mode: you have to climb a tower by defeating enemies… but there’s no continues: if you fall in battle, it’s game over!
On Nintendo Switch specifically, Double Dragon IV will be playable in all 3 game modes:
- TV Mode, for Single Player or co-op on the big screen
- Tabletop Mode, for Single Player or co-op on the go
- Handheld Mode, for Single Player on the go
And in case you’re wondering: yes, you can play with just one Joy-Con if you want. You can find more details about the controls, but also the game itself, over at the official website!
Double Dragon IV (Switch – eShop) will be released on September 7th, and will cost 800 Yen. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!