Nighthawk Interactive have announced a rather unexpected game for the Nintendo Switch. It’s Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King, and as the name indicates, it’s a collection including two classic Disney games. It will be released on October 29th in Europe and North America, and will cost $29.99.
The collection is developed by Digital Eclipse (who already have several retro games collections under their belt), and includes the following:
- Aladdin (including final cut version and the tradeshowdemo version, which hasn’t been publicly available since 1993!)
- The Lion King (including SNES version)
The full list of versions isn’t available at the moment. All we know is that the collection includes multiple versions of each game, including Sega Genesis, GameBoy, and Super GameBoy!
The collection also includes the usual set of improvements and “modern” features:
- upgrade graphics for HD displays (optional)
- additional upgrades to enhance playability (including customiseable controls)
- save states
- a “Rewind” button to jump back up to 15 seconds
- level select
- infinite lives
- an “Interactive Game Viewer.” (offers full game playthroughs, with ability to skip forward, but also jump in and start playing at any time)
- and more…
Finally, here’s the list of key features, along with some screenshots and the boxart:
- Authentic Game Content with Modern Improvements – Fans old and new can enjoy the original game builds, upscaled graphics, customizable controls, special filters for visual enhancement and more.
- Variety of Game Versions – The collection includes multiple playable platform versions of the games including their Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Super Game Boy releases, as well as The Lion King Super Nintendo Entertainment System version.
- A Helping Hand – Players who want to experience the Disney magic in true “Hakuna Matata” fashion can use the Interactive Game Viewer, Rewind feature and cheat codes to aid gameplay progression.
- Curated, Explorable Museum – A treasure trove of behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews, an art gallery and a music player shares the rich history behind the Aladdin and The Lion King 16-bit games.
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King (Switch) comes out on October 29th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Nighthawk Interactive PR