Today’s Daily news: Kickstarter campaign now live for Astral Ascent, but also…
- Narita Boy
- Star Fox Adventures @ schmuplations
The Kickstarter campaign for Astral Ascent is now live. The base goal has been set at $35 362, with $9 352 pledged as of writing. Click here to check out the Kickstarter page for the game!
Here’s a trailer, some more details, and the list of key features for the game:
Astral Ascent is a 2D platformer rogue-lite set in a modern fantasy world. As one (or two in local co-op) of four Heroes with colorful personalities, you must escape from the Garden, an astral prison guarded by 12 powerful and vicious bosses—the Zodiacs! We have taken everything we learned from Dark Devotion and brought it to the next level in order to create a unique game experience that will reward both skill execution and preparation while exploring fantastic worlds. We have built a talented like-minded team and we hope you will share our excitment for this brand new and thrilling project!
- SPELL-BUILDING GAME: We are building dozens of spells for you to find, combine, and even improve with gambits! You’ll have tons of deadly combos to test out during each new run.
- 12 ALMIGHTY BOSSES: The Zodiacs are 12 experienced guardians dispatched over four gorgeous worlds. They’ll bring to the battlefield distinct attacks, abilities, and patterns, as well as backstories to uncover… Get yourself warned!
- 4 UNFORGETTABLE HEROES: The game provides 4 remarkable characters with totally different gameplays to discover. Each of one of them come with a powerful story to tell!
- A BEAUTIFUL MODERN FANTASY WORLD: Dash across gigantic landscapes. Explore original and hand-crafted areas. Discover the world created by our artists, with a gorgeous art and frame-by-frame animation.
- DONT GO ALONE: Is the weight of destiny too heavy to carry by yourself? Don’t worry and bring a friend to play in our 2-player co-op mode. Fight and crush your enemies together in local co-op or online using the Steam’s Remote Play Together feature.
Astral Ascent (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the latest soundtrack sample for Narita Boy:
Narita Boy (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 30th worldwide.
Star Fox Adventures
The latest translation from schmuplations is an interview of Takaya Imamura about Star Fox Adventures. Click here to check it out!
Taken from the 11/21/2002 issue of Nintendo Dream, this lengthy interview with long-time Star Fox series steward and character designer Takaya Imamura covers his early works at Nintendo, the conception of the Star Fox series, the backstories behind many of its characters and his recent forays into external collaboration, with a particular focus on his work merging the world of Star Fox with Rare’s unrelated action-adventure game Dinosaur Planet.
Incidentally, Shigehisa Nakaue, the Nintendo Dream employee featured in this interview who worked with Imamura on the Star Fox Adventures prequel manga, would join Nintendo soon after this interview took place, and he currently works as a primary illustrator and character supervisor for the Super Mario series, succeeding the renowned Yoichi Kotabe.
Here’s the latest video for SMITE, showcasing the King of Uruk (coming on April 20th):
Here’s the latest video for Paladins, showcasing Octavia (the latest Champion, releasing this week):