On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Blasphemous on Nintendo Switch (originally released on September 10th 2019 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
Click here for more Software updates!
Blasphemous – Ver. ???
- Release date: March 2nd 2020 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Collision detection during jumps tweaked to improve jump feeling.
- Jumping in mid-air is now possible for a few frames after running off a platform (Coyote time / ghost jump).
- Grab cancel action added.
- The Penitent One is now be able to jump off walls, ledges and ladders by pressing the Grab cancel action.
- The Penitent One still can hold down to fall while hanging from a ledge, but the holding time has been adjusted.
- The Penitent One will only climb a ledge if the players press Up, to prevent accidental climbing.
- Damage while wall climbing now doesn’t prevent further wall climbing. Before it was only available after touching the ground again.
Moving platforms rework
- Fixed a collision issue that made some players go through them on certain jumps.
- Added and reworked some annoying moving platforms to shorten wait times and improve level navigation.
- Iterated a few areas featuring moving platforms, to improve platforming and navigation, and make wait times shorter.
- Fixed several typos in different languages.
Player fixes and changes
- Fixed a bug that caused TPO to pass through walls in certain jump conditions.
- Removed ladder landing screen shake effect
- Fixed a bug that caused falling attacks to continually loop in rare situations.
- Improved Weight of Sin timing.
- Improved navigation in shortcut between Sleeping Canvases and Mercy Dreams (The infamous room full of spikes!)
- Slight geometry tweaks in Wasteland of the Buried Churches and Archcathedral Rooftops.
Guilt Fragment placement fixes
- All spike traps have been corrected to prevent a strange behaviour forcing guilt fragments to appear in Albero.
- Fixed a bug that caused Guilt Fragments to get stuck in between scenes under the elevator at Library of Negated Words sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that caused Guilt Fragment appearing right in front of the burning tree on Perpetva’s fight to be impossible to retrieve.
- Reflections were not working in scenes like the Halite Lake and the dark room after Melquiades.
- Fixed level sprites.
- Added decorative sprites of wax below red and blue candles on scenes.
- Socorro’s animation loops fixed.
- When using a controller to exit the teleport menu, TPO didn’t make an exit animation and remained invisible.
- Fix snow falling inside screen space (Mountains).
- Fixed door sprites clipping through the penitent one in Wasteland of Buried Churches.
- Fixed an issue with the Retribution animation
- In certain locations, the head of The Penitent One could be seen sticking out when falling down a pit.
- Fixed a bug where The Penitent One would face the wrong way when going though certain doorways.
- The Great Elevator in Archcathedral Rooftops could cause a softlock.
- Interacting with Our Lady of the Six Sorrows a second time could cause a softlock.
- Dying when falling through a pit with the inventory open could cause a softlock.
- The loading screen between the two phases of the Escribar fight could cause a softlock.
- Mea Culpa level could be increased several times at the same shrine.
- The Penitent One could be hit while resting on a certain Prie Dieu.
- Fixed transitions to a few screens in which enemies will start attacking The Penitent One if the loading time took too long.
- Players could bypass abyss deathtraps when falling into them using the Weight of Sin skill.
- Removed an extra blue candle on Engracias’ room that shouldn’t be there.
- Fixed transitions where TPO would be facing the opposite direction they came from.
- Hanging chains of giant clapper in Jondo sometimes disappeared when they shouldn’t
- Fixed Penitent One falling off the world when sliding through the door of the Bridge of the Three Calvaries.
- Duplicated Golden Thimble on gemino quest.
- Escribar cutscene 3 doesn’t show properly sometimes.
- Viridiana can be exploited if TPO leaves the boss room before she vanishes.
- Offering the 3rd mask to the Elevator and force quitting won’t let the player access the fourth level.
- Fixed an issue that caused the last conversation with Our Lady of Our Six Sorrows to never be played.
- Chalice of Inverted Verses couldn’t be refilled in certain conditions.
- Chalice of Inverted Verses empties itself after the pontiff cutscenes.
- Our Lady of the Charred Visage’s laser could still fire and doesn’t disappear even after she’s dead, and still deals damage.
- Players could skip fighting Quirce using air impulse to reach the other side of the gap that led to his battle.
- Fixed Warden of the Silent Sorrow collider.
- The Penitent One will appear and perform the execution animation from both sides of Crisanta.
- Monfràgora errors fixed.
- Tizona flickering fixed.
- Amargura collider issues fixed. Improved hitbox.
- Guardainfante shockwave animation fix.
- Fixed Wraith enemy and projectile colliders.
- Map icon location fixes.
- Fixed a bug where if the player collected all cherubs before visiting Jocinero for the first time, they would not receive the rewards.
- The map can now be closed by pressing the same button used to open it.
- Fixed a bug where the map screen would immediately appear when loading a save.
- Fixed various unintended behaviours that occurred when controllers were disconnected mid-game.
- Backer credits updated and fixed.
- Credits updated.
- Fixed a bug where docking/undocking Switch could cause credits to misalign. (Nintendo Switch only)
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Team 17
Blasphemous – Ver. ???
- Release date: October 18th 2019 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed an issue causing the player to be softlocked after killing Tres Angustias.
- Fixed “Grievance Ascend” gate locked after respawning if the player died while defeating Tres Angustias.
- Fixed bugs where unintended behaviour could occur if controllers were disconnected during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where the menu could no longer be opened during interactions.
- Fixed an issue where the player could accumulate large amounts of vertical speed by pausing in certain conditions.
- Fixed screen shake and vibrations which occurred after the player crouched at the bottom of a ladder.
- Fixed an issue where Crisanta could be damaged before the fight started using projectile attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t attack upwards immediately after a dash.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in the Wallclimb animation and could be exploited to levitate horizontally.
- Fixed an issue where the Penitent One would get stuck on the lower part of a wall-climb in Jondo (Right chain screen)
- Removed breakable wall leading to an infinite fall in Library of Negated Words.
- Fixed collisions in a room in Mercy Dreams where the Penitent One could get stuck into geometry after dashing and being hit with a projectile.
- Fixed collision issues affecting muddy floors in Holy Line and Desecrated Cistern.
- Modified the shortcut connecting Desecrated Cistern with Wasteland of the Buried Churches. Replaced blood platforms with normal platforms.
- The prayer Taranto to My Sister was missable. This now spawns if Esdras is dead and TPO doesn’t own it.
- The Gémino quest was missable and players could be locked out of the 100% completion – this has been adjusted.
- Empty Golden Thimble spawns near Gémino if he converts to the tree form before talking to him.
- Increased Blood Penitence cost and this now scales with player Mea Culpa level.
- Fixed a bug affecting player upgrades (HP, fervour, flasks, etc) after talking to certain NPCs
- Fixed a bug where the player sometimes couldn’t receive the Cord of the True Burying from Lvdovico.
- Completing the game with Ending A now also unlocks the Ending B skin!
- Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck on ledges next to movable platforms.
- Fixed a bug where His Holiness Escribar could be damaged before the start of the battle.
- Fixed a bug where there could be a softlock after calling the elevator from the Archcathedral Rooftops.
- Fixed a bug where the elevator from the Archcathedral Rooftops could push the player inside the ground.
- Fixed a bug where the Incorrupt Hand relic still rang after destroying a secret wall.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies in Grievance Ascends were unable to be damaged for several seconds after respawning.
- Fixed a bug where there was a missing ledge grab inside Redento’s challenge in Brotherhood.
- Fixed a gap in the map in Grievance Ascends.
- Additional notes: this update also includes Russian and Portuguese language options;
- Source: Team 17
How to download updates for Blasphemous for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Blasphemous, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.