Super Mario Odyssey: all the details, pictures, GIFs, videos from the official Twitter accounts
Just like Splatoon 2 and ARMS, Nintendo started sharing regular updates for Super Mario Odyssey on Twitter (via the brand new Super Mario account), with details, pictures, GIFs, videos, and more. And just like with Splatoon 2 and ARMS, we’re going to round them all in this post, for your viewing convenience!
NB: only the details, pictures, GIFs, and videos for the current period can be found on this page. For all the previous updates, make sure to check out the links at the bottom of this page. Also, this post gathers content from both the English and Japanese accounts, so you can be sure there isn’t a single picture or video you’re missing!
Today, Nintendo shared the following:
- countdown GIF: Day -3!
— スーパーマリオ オデッセイ (@mario_odysseyJP) October 23, 2017
- a picture taken with Snapshot mode, called “We are waiting for you in the Sand Kingdom”
- a picture of Cappy and Mario’s mustache, that you can download and print for Halloween
Over the past few days, Nintendo shared the following:
- two countdown GIFs, Day -5 and Day -4!
— スーパーマリオ オデッセイ (@mario_odysseyJP) October 21, 2017
— スーパーマリオ オデッセイ (@mario_odysseyJP) October 22, 2017
- a picture taken via the Snapshot feature. It’s called “If you climb this cliff…”, and mixes the “blurred” filter and the game logo
- another picture taken via the Snapshot feature. It’s called “It’s me, Tiara!”.
Yesterday and today, Nintendo shared some pictures and details for the following:
- the Guardian Deity of Tostarena, called Knucklotec in English
- yellow and green birds from Tostarena, in the Sand Country. It looks like there’s a secret at the spots where they gather…
- Assist Mode: a special mode for inexperienced players. It’s available from the very beginning of the game, and you can turn it on or off at any time (even while in a level). In this mode, useful arrows show you the way, even when you’re off the main path. Of course, you can also ignore the arrows completely if you just want to explore the world at your own leisure. This mode gives you 6 life units (instead of 3), and you can recover them automatically by standing still… which means you first need to clear the area of enemies! Finally, if you fall down a cliff or pit, a bubble brings you back to where you were standing before your… little accident.
— スーパーマリオ オデッセイ (@mario_odysseyJP) October 20, 2017
Today, Nintendo shared a picture of the clerks at the Crazy Cap stores in the Luncheon Kingdom, who happen to be Volbonans. As you’ve probably noticed by now, the Crazy Cap stores are always inhabitants of the Kingdom they’re located in!
Today, Nintendo shared a screenshot and some details for a new type of enemy called “Imamoo” in Japanese (English name TBC). When you capture one, you can use its extendable body to reach places that are just too far for Mario.
Today, Nintendo shared a screenshot of a specific spot in Fossil Falls, in the Cascade Kingdom. Is that… a Goomba engraved on the rock?
Today, Nintendo shared a screenshot and details for Dorrie, found in the Seaside Kingdom. Believe it or not, the creature itself is a Crazy Cap store, open all day.
- June 20th to June 23rd
- June 24th to July 23rd
- July 24th to August 13th
- August 14th to September 11th
- September 11th to October 16th
Source: Nintendo (Twitter)