ARMS: plenty of details and pics from the official website (Japan); video, Nintendo Minute, art challenge
ARMS – Official website
Following The Japanese website was updated, with the same details as those of the ARMS Direct presentation, so make sure to check out this post if you haven’t already. However, there’s also quite a lot of additional details (especially about the fighters and their stages), so keep reading!
Let’s start with the Grand Prix mode. It reveals that it has 7 different difficulty levels, but we don’t know the specifics of each one. Naturally, the higher the level, the harder enemies and challenges will be, but it’s possible there’s also some other surprises at the highest difficulty level (similar to Super Smash Bros.).
It also reveals that to participate in Ranked Matches, you first need to become a Level 4 Grand Prix Champion. This most likely means you need to need to beat Grand Prix mode at Level 4 difficulty.
Here’s some additional pictures and footage:
Next, here’s details about all 10 fighters revealed so far, starting with a trailer for each one:
And here’s details about the various characters:
As an A-list actress, Twintelle uses her celebrity status to render her opponents utterly star struck as she walks the red carpet to victory.
- Affiliation: Freelance
- Height: 180cm
- Weight: 63kg
- Age: 26
- Likes: perfume, her own beauty
- Stage: Twin Cinema. A fan-shaped square located in front of giant theatre, owned by Twintelle herself. There’s plenty of luxury cars all around the place, but don’t mind them: she has plenty to spare, so don’t worry if you break a couple of them during your battles!
A fan of selfie sticks and livestreaming, this hip fighter pounces on opponents with a charged-up dash.
- Affiliation: Team Cobra Twist
- Height: 180cm
- Weight: 77kg
- Age: 19
- Likes: comaboards (the skateboard-like boards, seen in the video above) / livestreaming
- Stage: Snake Park. A comeboard park, where Kid Cobra’s team practices. If you hop on board the comaboards, you can slide pretty quickly. There’s quite a lot of video equipment on this stage, which isn’t a surprise given Kid Cobra’s pretty fond of livestreaming.
Byte & Barq
Two fighters in one! This robot fighter and his robot canine companion battle together to unleash devastating combo attacks.
- Affiliation: Seaside Park Department
- Height: 189cm
- Weight: 120kg (combined)
- Age: K-9000
- Hates: salt water
- Stage: Buster Beach. A resort island that belongs to the ARMS Association, that runs the ARMS Grand Prix. Some volleyball and basketball matches are also held there.
Who is Helix? He’s an experiment gone wrong, that’s who. His springy body lets him move in unpredictable ways.
- Affiliation: ARMS Labs
- Height: 30 to 250cm
- Weight: 97kg
- Age: 2
- Likes: watching the ARMS Grand Prix
- Stage: ARMS Labs. The very lab where Helix was created, with 6 cylinders containing experiments. You can see the results of the experiments on the books, screens, and papers found all over the place.
This passionate fighter’s bouncy hairstyle might look fake, but his passion for fighting is definitely real.
- Affiliation: Spring Gym
- Height: 182cm
- Weight: 72kg
- Age: 20
- Likes: muscle training, pizza (can eat a maximum of 12 pizzas per meal)
- Stage: Bomb Gym. An open-air stadium run by the Spring Gym. There’s a trampoline surrounding the ring, and you can use it to jump high in the air.
Possessing next-level jumping skills, Ribbon Girl overcomes the laws of physics with her unbeatable power.
- Affiliation: Ribbon Label
- Height: 169cm
- Weight: only the weight of the fans’ feelings matters!
- Age: 17
- Likes: singing, all her fans
- Stage: Ribbon Ring. The concert venue where Ribbon Girl holds her concerts. The center of the stage actually rises up. The venue can hold up to 50 000 persons.
Using his nimble movements and ancient ninjutsu, Ninjara can disappear and warp somewhere else even in mid-air or when guarding.
- Affiliation: Rasen Ninja Academy
- Height: 179cm
- Weight: 68kg
- Age: 21
- Likes: hiding, reading
- Stage: Ninja College. A stage located in the long staircase leading to the Rasen Ninja Academy. Climbing those stairs every day is good training for the students attending the academy.
As the only character that can restore health while guarding, Master Mummy is a force to be reckoned with.
- Affiliation: Mummy Hospital
- Height: 231cm
- Weight: 167kg
- Age: ??
- Likes: Family (misses it a lot, and is actually looking for it)
- Stage: Mummy Hospital. A stage located in front of a very special hospital for mummies. The place has been deserted for a while and is in a pretty bad shape, with the ground looking like it’s about to collapse. It looks like Master Mummy was kept asleep somewhere in this stage before he woke up.
With her ramen noodle arms, Min Min’s spin kick and throws are deliciously powerful.
- Affiliation: The Ramen Bowl
- Height: 167cm
- Size: currently on a diet…
- Age: 18
- Likes: noodles made by her mom
- Stage: the Ramen Bowl. A stage shaped like a ramen bowl, located right in front of the noodle restaurant of her parents. Some bombs sometime falls at the center of the stage. The smell of ramen permeates the place, making the spectators (and fighter) pretty hungry!
This mechanical genius dons a homemade power suit that can hover above the competition.
- Affiliation: Scrapyard
- Height: 268cm (158cm without the power suit)
- Size: 545kg (45kg without the power suit)
- Age: 15
- Likes: ARMS fighters (especially Ribbon Girl)
- Stage: Scrapyard. A place where heavy machinery can be found. The out edges of the stages are higher than the center, where two pipes can be found (they’re breakable!). It’s where Mechanica created her power suit.
And here’s details about the new ARMS:
- Chilla (Ice): a punch with the power of ice, which freezes anything it touches.
- Seekie (Electricity): throws homing projectiles, that also shock opponents when hit. It was originally used to catch and restrain criminals.
- Slamamander (Wind): an ARM designed to work like a whip. It can stretch, and send opponent flying pretty far.
- Blorb (Blind): a ball of unknown origin, with rather epic bouncing properties. It is pretty heavy. According to the latest research, it’s pretty slimy, and has… tropical flavour?! When opponents are hit by that ARM, they cannot see properly for a few moments.
- Buff (no attribute): an ARM puffs up after a charge, and curves pretty well. In fact, it was designed just for that: help fighters learn how to curve their punches, but it does have many fans who just like it ease of use.
- Retorcher (Fire): one day, someone made an error when assembling a Revolver, and the whole thing started to emit fire. That’s how the Retorcher came to be: it’s basically a Revolver that throws three flames in quick succession instead of bullets.
- Megawatt (Electricity): Big. Heavy. Powerful. Electricity. It’s basically an electric version of the Megaton.
- Whammer (Stun): originally a hammer created for construction work, that is now used as an ARM. Use it to wham opponents on the head, all cartoon-style!
- Parasol (wind): allows you to make bullets rain on your opponents. Great against Light ARMS, since it allows you to easily block everything. It also happens to be a pretty handy ARMS to have in case it suddenly starts raining during your match!
- Cracker (Fire): a special ARM shaped like a party-popper, that allows you to hit opponents from afar by burning them with two projectiles.
- Hydra (Fire): shoots three projectile vertically. Great to get rid of pesky opponents while they’re jumping.
- Ice Dragon (Ice): allows you to freeze opponents quickly with sub-zero ice attacks. A pretty ancient ARM, with a 4000 year history. Just like the regular Dragon, it takes a while to charge.
- Triblast (Explosion): allows you to shoot three projectiles horizontally. The explosion radius for each one is pretty wide. The ARMS manufacturer decline all responsibility for any self-damage sustained while using this ARM.
- Phoenix (Fire): allows you to launch a bird that will burn opponents little by little. Allows you to attack opponents from above, below, the left, and the right… yup, from pretty much any angle from the front!
- Thunderbird (Electricity): a blue thunder bird. An electric version of the Phoenix.
- Bubb (no attribute): an ARM that swells when charged, developed specifically for new fighters. But since it’s pretty to use, even experienced fighters keep using them.
- Coolerang (Ice): a weapon that would make the Inkling proud, as it makes sure your opponents stay as fresh as possible by… freezing them. If you’re not fond of ARMS battles, you could always use it as a fan.
- Guardian (Electricity): a shield that can be used for defense and offense, that features a big smiling face. It was excavated from ancient ruins, and then remodeled to be used as an ARM.
ARMS – Artworks, videos, more
Here’s some artworks and screenshots for ARMS and the ARMS: Global Testpunch:
And here’s the latest episode of Nintendo Minute, which happens to be about ARMS (you totally didn’t see that one coming, did you?… Oh, you did.)
Hi, hope you’re ready for a midweek Nintendo Minute! We got a chance to check out some of the new stuff we revealed on ARMS during today’s Nintendo Direct. The game has a lot of depth with a ton of characters, arms and stages to choose from. Do you have a favorite character? Tell us in the comment section below. As always, thanks so much for watching and we hope you enjoyed this video.
-Kit & Krysta
Speaking of Nintendo Minute, kit and Krysta are hosting an ARMS artwork challenge. If you’re interested, click here for more details!
ARMS (Switch) comes out on June 16th worldwide.