On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition on Nintendo Switch (originally released on January 11th 2019 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
How to download Software updates for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition on the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition on the Nintendo Switch manually, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, press either + or – to go to the Options page. The version number is displayed right under the game’s title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition – Ver. 1.2.0
- Release date: March 7th 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed a rare issue in which the game would freeze during gameplay.
- Adjusted the height of certain enemies both in the overworld map and in battle.
- Fixed the display lag that would occur in Mantaic.
- Adjusted the behavior of stick controls during battle.
- Fixed an issue in which Flynn’s voice would play in Japanese when changing his strategy to “Up To You” during battle, even when voiceover settings had been set to English.
- Improved stability of other behaviors.
- Fixed an issue in which an arte assigned to a shortcut wouldn’t perform properly when stick controls to perform it.
- Fixed an issue in which certain of Rita’s and Estelle’s arte would trigger in an unintended location [When using a controller].
- Adjusted the audio balance.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Bandai-Namco
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition – Ver. 1.0.1
- Release date: January 11th 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available for now.
- Additional notes: this is the launch update for the game. Unfortunately, no patch notes are available, so it’s not clear what this update does exactly. It’s pretty safe to assume it includes the usual bug fixes.
- Source: game