On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Super Cane Magic Zero on Nintendo Switch (originally released on May 30th, 2019 in Europe and North America, and August 29th, 2019 in Japan)
Click here for more Software updates!
Super Cane Magic Zero – Update 28
- Release date: TBA (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Improved loadings
- No more crashing during loadings in long game sessions
- Improved the collision detection of thrown items, beam-type attacks, and dashes against destructible elemental blocks and destructible enemy spawners
- Improved the AI of “evader-type” enemies (e.g. golden slimes) with new behaviors that better match their intended design
- Fixed a couple of bugs that sometimes made the player character or the door hinges disappear after the final boss fight
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the sushi cannons on the moon to be displaced from their intended position;
- Fixed a rare item that was missing its image and appeared as “no image”
- Fixed the Salami Counter on the UI so that it always displays correctly
- Fixed the graphics on the retry screen that sometimes showed glitched background graphics
- Tweaked the positions of the perk icons (effects of skills, equipment, and food)
- Various optimizations and minor bug fixes
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Studio Evil (Steam)
Super Cane Magic Zero – Patch 26 and 27
- Release date: March 10th 2020 (North America, Europe) / March 11th 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
Players can now attack and dash even without weapons or items equipped. The basic actions are much weaker compared to having a real weapon in hand, but the game should feel much more responsive and fun now. Being able to punch and dash in every arena should also make matches much more interesting!NEW CHARACTER: Missy Talia
From the pages of Sio’s Scottecs Magazine, super-heroine Missy Talia joins your team, ready to unleash the power of PIZZA! Missy has high survivability and can recover health and mana by collecting Salami. Her “Mozzarella Beam” special power doesn’t inflict much damage but can quickly stun many enemies from a distance.
To unlock Missy Talia talk to her in Nevola Park after rescuing Biscuit the Wizard!NEW ARENA: Pizzinapple
This freshly baked arena is designed for intense, close-quarters brawls. The play-field is surrounded by lava and the only available weapon is a large pineapple! What secrets does the pineapple hold? None.Angry Fungi
We added two new enemy types to the Minestronya areaAngry Chests
A monster chest can now appear instead of any regular treasure chest. When opened, these chests drop no treasure and spawn a deadly Skeleton Mini-boss. Kill it for a greater reward!Revised Rage
Enemy rage was rethought entirely. When enemies recover from stun or get enraged by other effects they are now faster and “unstoppable”. This means that their actions will not be interrupted when they get damaged. On the other hand, they don’t get a damage and critical boost anymore so if you act carefully, you’ll surely manage their more predictable attacks.Revised Shield Counter
We tweaked the effect of shield counters for both players and enemies. When a counterattack effect is triggered by using a shield, the character now gets a damage reduction and the “unstoppable” bonus, while the critical chance of each hit rises from 50% to 100%. Also, a counterattack doesn’t grant a 10% damage boost as before, but the duration of the other bonuses is increased. These changes allow for some new interesting character builds that focus on critical damage!More and Re-balanced Unique Items
We re-balanced several old unique items and added 3 new ones to the list.
Acquiring unique items should be easier than before. We increased the chance for a unique item to be sold in a shop. We also added 4 more unique chests scattered around the game world, for a total of 7. Explore the most remote and dangerous places of WOTF to find them!Levels:
We tweaked a few levels in the early hours of the game campaign and optimized several areas. We also added extra loot and new connections between early levels to allow multiple exploration paths. If you look carefully, you should also find a new challenging “mini-dungeon” in the Poptarts area.
- Tweaked and redesigned the first part of the WPD Jail tutorial
- Added a generous amount of loot after you defeat the Wise Tree
- Improved the design of a secondary area in the Lava Bakery
- Removed a lot of empty space in the Poptarts Academy and added new connections to other levels
- In Poptarts, the location of a “certain item” required to complete the game should be much easier to identify now.
- Minimum rarity level of items available in most shops has been set to green instead of white
- Added a new “low quality” shop in Poptarts, available from the beginning. Players can buy and sell items there
- Nevola park, Poptarts Underground Archive, and the Secret Cave should now be much more interesting… and dangerous.
- Kibbles and Salami spawn have been rebalanced. On average, you should earn more resources, and earn them more steadily.
- Supply crates now also drop Salami and Kibbles
- Salami stacks drop more Salami and no Kibbles
- Piggybanks now drop only Kibbles
- Kibbles’ amount is now displayed in the game UI outside of the inventory
Bug Fixes and other tweaks:
- Fixed some dialogues in Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Simplified Chinese that caused the game to freeze
- Fixed a bug that could cause a reset of the rarity of the item in the inventory
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemy health bars to show an incorrect status when the enemy was healed
- Dash and warp skills now follow the direction of the character movement instead of the direction of the aim.
- Fixed a minor bug with the “pizza quests” that prevented the secondary subquests to complete, even if the “Main Pizza Quest” was resolved.
- The number of throwables random dungeons first room has been increased
- Tomatomen now move faster
- Minor dialogues changes
- Most shops now sell items of green rarity or better;
- Fixed a bug that was still preventing Refrigerators from attacking properly;
- Fixed a bug that prevented the unlock of the Unpleasant potion in the Museum;
- Fixed a bug that prevented a custom character name to be saved correctly if you quit a game before completing the first level;
- Fixed a bug that granted more lives then intended at the start of a new campaign;
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions displayed a message when you entered the “Spooky Dank Crypt”;
- Sopheye’s default equipment now includes a Water Gun;
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from talking to Master Photon and Master Phase just after defeating them in the Laser Monastery;
- Fixed a bug that generated an impassable spot around an elevating platform in “Crypt, West Wing”
- Ice Cream enemies were changed from pink to light blue to have their appearance suggesting they inflict ice damage.
Super Cane Magic Zero – Patch 25.10
- Release date: ??? (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Re-worked level loading to improved loading times. The game will take slightly longer to load at launch, but levels should be load much faster
- You will now have a visual feedback when you have the perk that allows you to walk on lava
- Killing grass no longer grants experience points
- Elemental blocks now drop resources
- Koji special attack has been now rebalanced, raising its mana cost
- Potato King and explosive potatoes attack has been rebalanced
- Lasers in the Laser Duel Arena had been rebalanced
- Carrot Gun and Pirate Gun now cost more mana and have a reduced range
- Custom names are not used in the arena mode character selection anymore
- Asian languages translations have been updated to fix a few missing lines
- GUI now resizes correctly when in 4k resolution
- Fixed a bug that caused the player name to be lost when restarting in some rare cases
- Fixed a bug that made impossible to pass through some narrow passages of tutorial level
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to walk on some stands
- Fixed a bug that was preventing refrigerator enemies from jumping.
- Fixed a few tile and item placement errors in the Poptarts Academy.
- Fixed a rare issue that was preventing NPCs to properly choose their targets.
- Additional notes: release date TBA.
- Source: Studio Evil (Steam)
Super Cane Magic Zero – Ver. ???
- Release date: May 30th 2019 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- List of changes:
- provides various bug fixes (including one for an issue with controller pairing that broke interactions in some rare cases)
- Additional notes: this is the Day 1 update for the game.
- Source: official Twitter account
How to download updates for Super Cane Magic Zero for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Super Cane Magic Zero, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.