Revealed during the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017, in January, Super Bomberman R is the first time in almost 7 years that the famous bomber makes an appearance on console (in his own game). According to Konami, the game will feature an “enriched story with all-star voice actors”.
And on Monday, Konami uploaded the opening movie for the game, allowing us to check out what those “all-star voice actors” sound like. Since the Japanese version of the game features its own dub (in Japanese), there’s actually two versions of the opening movie.
Here’s the English version:
And here’s the Japanese version:
Unfortunately, the English version of the Super Bomberman R opening movie doesn’t list the voice actors, so we don’t know who is voicing each character just yet. But for the Japanese version, we have a list of voice actors (that Konami even provided to the Japanese press)!
Here’s the various voice actors for the Japanese version of the game:
- Bomberman: Keisuke Koumoto
- Black Bomber: Shunsuke Takeuchi
- Blue Bomber: Genki Okawa
- Red Bomber: Yuma Uchida
- Yellow Bomber: Yuuki Yonai
- Green Bomber: Ayumu Murase
- Pink Bomber: Mikako Komatsu
- Water Bomber: Minami Takahashi
- Plasma Bomber: Yuuto Uemura
- Magnet Bomber: Tetsuya Yanagihara (from America Zarigani)
- Golem Bomber: Yoshiyuki Hirai (from America Zarigani)
- Sexy Bomber: Hitomi Harada
- Phantom Bomber: Hozumi Gouda
- Professor Bagura: Kotarou Nakamura
Finally, on the official Facebook page for the game, Konami has started sharing character profiles:
Naturally, we will keep updating this post with new character profiles, as they’re added!
Super Bomberman R (Switch) comes out on March 3rd, wordlwide.