Earlier today, Konami released the latest Software update for Super Bomberman R, a pretty big one. It brings the game to Ver. 1.4, and it adds some more new content… for free! You can find the official patch notes on this page, if you haven’t checked them out yet.
This new update adds a new game mode called Team Battles, for 3 or 4 teams. The goal is pretty simple: all teams battle together, and at the end, the last team still standing wins the match. If you want, you have 1 vs 4 battles, for players looking for the ultimate challenge.
Next, here’s details about the 4 new maps added to Super Bomberman R with this update:
- Plain Floor: a large open space in the middle of the stage creates an intense battle;
- Desert Fort: strategically manoeuvre between moving red tiles to win;
- Classic Conveyor Belt: the well-known conveyor belt from past series is back!
- Panic Factory: covered mostly with conveyor belts, this stage creates a chaotic battle.
Thanks to this update, players can now choose between 3 new characters, based on popular Konami franchises:
- Pyramid Head Bomber (from Silent Hill): he can defeat enemies instantaneously, simply by touching them;
- Simon Belmont Bomber (from Castlevania): he can draw in bombs AND characters from a distance;
- Vic Viper Bomber (from Gradius): he can move around extremely fast.
Finally, here’s the new accessories added with this new update for Super Bomberman R
- Snowflake Series
- Item Series
Source: Konami PR