Yesterday, at the PAX East 2018, SNK and NIS America made a couple of announcements: the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection was announced for the Nintendo Switch, and SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy got a release date!
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
2018 marks the 40th Anniversary of SNK, and to celebrate, NIS America will release the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection this Fall, in Europe and North America. This collection includes many classics from the 80’s (the golden age of the company), from before the NeoGeo.
Here’s the list of games included in the collection (more games will be announced at a later date!):
- Alpha Mission (Console/Arcade)
- Athena (Console/Arcade)
- Crystalis (Console)
- Ikari Warriors (Console/Arcade)
- Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (Console/Arcade)
- Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue(Console/Arcade)
- Guerrilla War (Console/Arcade)
- P.O.W. (Console/Arcade)
- Prehistoric Isle (Arcade)
- Psycho Soldier (Arcade)
- Street Smart (Arcade)
- TNK III (Console/Arcade)
- Vanguard (Arcade)
And here’s the list of key features:
- A Collection of Classics in Your Hands! – Take a piece of SNK history with you wherever you go on Nintendo Switch. Choose from over a dozen titles and experience an intense blast from the past!
- Modern Meets Retro! – The convenience and improvements of modern gaming are all in the collection! Rewind and save at any time while you’re playing, enjoy updated graphics at 1080p resolution, and experience redesigned control schemes for a modern feel!
- Enter the SNK Museum – An extensive history of SNK and its games await in the Museum Mode. Explore the legacy of one of Japan’s leading developers with high definition artwork and original promotional assets!
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection (Switch) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: NIS America PR
Yesterday, it was announced that SNK Heroines would be released on September 7th in both Europe and North America. A new character was also revealed: Shermie, described as a “beautiful and hard-hitting grappler”. She first appeared in The King of Fighters ’97.
Since first appearing in The King of Fighters ’97, she has remained a popular pick among players and is ready to take her place as the belle of the brawl with her devastating suplexes and bone-crunching drop kicks! Be careful, because one wrong move and you’ll get a taste of her Dream Finish, the Inazuma Leg Lariat!
Here’s the latest trailer for the game, introducing Shermie:
Finally, here’s some new screenshots:
SNK Heroines (Switch) comes out on September 7th in Europe and North America, and this Summer in Japan.
Source: NIS America PR