Last week, Daniel Gump from HullBreachStudios posted a message on Miiverse, in order to detail all the changes and additions coming soon to SDK Paint via a major Software update (Ver. 3.0). If you already own the game, you will get the update for free; if you don’t, there’s nothing to worry about: the price will remain the same!
Here’s the list of new fixes / changes:
01) Overall – Redesigned interface
02) Overall – English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
03) Overall – Control with touch screen, buttons, gyroscope
04) Title – Artwork Carousel
05) Title – Animated Icons
06) Painting – Bug fix for long duration scribble freeze
07) Painting – Modal menu transitions and Gaussian blurred background
08) Painting – Layer tools: merge, split
09) Painting – Pixel Brush
10) Painting – Redo, 10 steps
11) Stencils – UCraft Pack: Texture, Tilemap Galleries*
12) Menu – Pagination
13) Galleries – Mini-map
14) Sharing – Direct Miiverse posting
* later down the road, SDK Paint Ver. 4.0 will allow users to export artworks, and then import them in UCraft Wii U, where they will be useable as block textures.
Here’s the list of add-on content coming with the update:
01) Painting – Effects Pack: Distort, Grayscale, Mosaic, Rotate, Sepia, Vortex,
02) Warp Galleries – Gallery Pack 1: Hallway, Haunted Mansion, Terran Space Station, Tomeling Library
03) Galleries – Gallery Pack 2: Crystal Room, Gemstone Mine, Storehouse, Temple
04) Galleries – Gallery Pack 3: Fortress Wall, Hedge Maze, Lunar Lander, Sadness
Finally, here’s a trailer showcasing the SDK Paint 3.0 update:
The SDK Paint 3.0 update will be released soon: it’s been sent to Nintendo for approval.